Do you have a cordless 2 in 1 vacuum you like?

ailene54February 21, 2014

I had a cordless shark vacuum I just retired since it wasn't keeping a good charge. For it's replacement I want a 2 in 1 cordless that is good. I didn't want to spend 400 on the dyson, so have been buying and returning for the last couple of weeks. My frirst was a Bissel, it worked well, but when it came to cleaning out I never saw anything quite that discussing. Next was the new Electrolux, it did a great job on my wood floors, but when it came to carpeting, it was as though I did nothing....My dog left a small piece of his treat, which remained on the floor. Any suggestions will be appreciated.....leaning more and more toward the

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jerry_nj

Checking in on this thread, hitch hike.

I'm not sure this is directly related, but I'd like to find a good battery powered hand vac, not a NiCad (those batteries die within the first year) maybe a lithium ion battery.

Also maybe to the subject of the post I have a bagless Hover that is super, did I say SUPER, at picking up dog hair and is in general good on hard floors and carpets. It is under $150, closer to $120 best I can recall. It is also rated highly.

The is rated very low on emissions and the dumping is not task in my mind. I can look up the model number if interested.

Bookmark   February 24, 2014 at 11:52AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jerry_nj

Looking back I see you indeed were also looking for a cordless. A little more research, and the fact I use Ryobi 18VDC hand tools led me to the Ryobi 18VDC hand vacuum. I may try it as it uses the same battery and charger I already have for hand tools, and that is an 18V Lithium Ion battery. I believe this battery is superior but I have owned such a battery only since Christmas (present) - i can say the battery has been sitting in a very cold garage since Christmas and it still has a good charge - I needed to us a hand drill yesterday and used that battery - it was full of "pep:". I don't yet have the vac and so can't say how well it works, but a good battery is a good starting point.

Bookmark   February 24, 2014 at 5:26PM
More Discussions
Anyone have this problem with their BONA floor mop?
My BONA floor mop has no trigger pizazz (for lack of...
kaisermust
Castile Soap Dilemma
This has probably been gone over, but I would like...
harlowolivia
Dirty Coffeemaker Sickness!
Warning: This Is NASTY! So I make a pot of coffee everyday...
tomatozilla
Jetted Tub Cleaning - I'm at my end point!
Hello everyone, I know this subject has been posted...
Auroras_Envy
How to rid house of dog smell
I'm doing a temporary rental (sold my house finally...
lisa77429
Sponsored Products
Shallow Pantry Storage Bin
$8.99 | zulily
Outdoor Area Rug: Escape Coral Dive Sand 5' 6" x 8'
Home Depot
2-Pc. Teak Serving Spoons in Lime
$23.99 | Dot & Bo
Whitehaus WHSA350 14'' Wall Mounted Brass Showerhaus Bathroom Shower Arm
$59.00 | Blue Bath
Cubetto Pendant by Fabbian
$395.10 | Lumens
Echo Garden Rug 5'6" x 8'6" - PENNY
$1,629.00 | Horchow
Birch Blonde Giclee 14" Wide Ceiling Light
Lamps Plus
Carolina Bicast Leather Swivel Counter Stools (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™