Going in 'circles' looking for an appliance pull

kitmuMarch 31, 2012

I'm in the final planning stages of my long-awaited kitchen remodel and want to use appliance pulls like those on Troy Adams' TansuChill. They are just simple half-circles; doesn't seem like they would be that complicated to find. But, alas, they are. I can find C pulls, which I don't like. I have a lead on one door pull from Japan (Elwes) that is close, but otherwise I seem to be unable to find anything after many, many hours of looking. There are some giant Hawk Hill door pulls, but they are too big (14") and too expensive ($1K each). I need something in the 8-10" range and am willing to spend a fair amount to get them, just not $2000. I think having them cast will be ridiculously expensive, and I'm plum out of ideas...

Here is a link that might be useful: TansuChill

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marcolo

Not identical but you could try looking for hardware for Chinese Wedding Chests. Here's a store on eBay--maybe you could modify something.

Bookmark   April 1, 2012 at 6:53PM
elyash

Hafele has one of the largest hardware collections. If you haven't looked at their website, I would give it a try. If you still can't find what you are looking for, I would recommend contacting Hardware Design in Fairfield, NJ. They have a website hardware-designs.com with all their contact information. They are extremely helpful, honest, and totally stand by their product.

Bookmark   April 1, 2012 at 7:14PM
kitmu

marcolo: Thanks for the link. I'd searched extensively under Japanese hardware, but not Chinese. Don't know if I can make the brass work, but it's worth more exploration.

avidchef: I will try contacting them next week. Most of the manufacturers that they list on their website are ones I've looked at, but you never know!

Thanks!

Bookmark   April 1, 2012 at 11:05PM
More Discussions
Masterchef options for Miele speed oven
I have played around with a Miele combi steam oven...
barbja99
Lacanche-beautiful but how functional?
I am very tempted to splurge on a Lacanche for our...
mbwestfall
What electric oven to get? speed oven, combo-steam, or regular?
If I am going to go with an all gas range, which would...
nismo99
36 Inch Wolf Range and Fridge
I'm looking at range's for my wife's soon to be kitchen...
amexblackg5
48" Wolf, Thermador or Bluestar...or something else?
Looking into purchasing a 48" range. Wolf: Classic....
wren21
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™