Cleaning textured tub bottom

cathycdkFebruary 23, 2007

I am trying to clean the textured bottom of our bathtubs. I have tried Scrubbing Bubbles, Kaboom, and soaking in diluted bleach, scrubbing each time with a brush. I haven't really seen a difference.

What has worked for you?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vannie

The soaking w/ diluted bleach worked for me. Maybe you diluted it too much? Try again, this time w/ stronger bleach. I did scrub it with Comet first.

Bookmark   February 24, 2007 at 4:12PM
addictedtoroses

I'm a housekeeper at an assisted living facility, and we have textured shower stalls in each apartment. I use the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, and they do a great job but do require alot of elbow grease. The only thing on the shower floors the Erasers don't work on (for me) is the rust spots from the shower chairs. For those I use the S.O.S. Pads with lemon or orange in them.
So in your case I'd try the magic erasers first, and then if that doesn't work I'd get those SOS pads. I've found the generic magic erasers to be just as good as name brand, but the generic Brillo pads are not nearly as good as those SOS pads with the citric acid. You pay a little more, but they're well worth it!

Bookmark   February 24, 2007 at 7:11PM
telly2

Here's a method I found on the web that I'm thinking of trying; if you try this, let us know how it works !

Fiberglass Tub Floor Cleaner recipe
This is to be used only on the irregular bottom surface of the tub - not on the smooth surfaces.

3 cups baking soda
1 cup borax
Fine drywall sandpaper

Mix baking soda and borax together. Work the cleanser in with the drywall sandpaper and then rinse well.

Bookmark   February 24, 2007 at 9:19PM
More Discussions
HELP! Clear Glass Shower Doors w/ hard water stains
I have extremely hard water and have clear glass shower...
kristinamaria
Rescuing a non-stick frying pan with burnt on grease
Well, I let my frying pan with grease get too hot,...
junkyardgirl
How to rid house of dog smell
I'm doing a temporary rental (sold my house finally...
lisa77429
40 Mule Team Borax
I have used Borax for many years. The last 3 boxes...
reader77
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™