hard to find cleaners, shopping list?

toileFebruary 11, 2009

I was wondering if anyone here could help me compile a list.

I am attempting to buy the hard to find cleaning products that I have read on this list.

I had a long note from here but lost it.

My husband bought me some of my dream cookware and need Bon Ami to clean them. I am traveling to a store about 40 min from here to get it and want to peek around and their other cleaners.

The store owner can also order me anything I need also.

Do any "hard to find" cleaners come to mind that you love?

Thanks if you can help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilajoyce_gw

X-14 Mildew Remover. They also make a soap scum remover, but this is the strongest bathroom mildew remover I have found.

Bookmark   February 11, 2009 at 5:20PM
kathleenca

toile, I can find Bon Ami & Bar Keeper's Friend at the chain market. These brands are usually on the bottorm shelf - probably because they don't pay as much as the big brands to be at eye level.

I have had good luck finding various cleaning products at hardware stores, especially the independent ones. And, I don't know about Home Depot, but here in southern California, OSH carries a very good selection of cleaning supplies.

Bookmark   February 13, 2009 at 12:16PM
stir_fryi

I too find Bon Ami hard to find. I used to get it at Damon's Hardware but they all closed.

I love, love, love Sprayway glass cleaner. Walmart used to have but does not now. I recently found it at ACE Hardware but not as cheap.

Bookmark   February 16, 2009 at 12:14PM
ebear1271

I use Earth Friendly Products and Seventh Generation so they're usually REALLY hard to find. Amazon has them in bulk. I figured it out and it saves money to buy from Amazon, if you spend enough delivery is usually free, and I can get all of my stuff. Some of our all-natural stores around here have some stuff but it's usually cheaper on Amazon, plus I don't have to go to 2 or 3 different stores to get everything!

Bookmark   February 16, 2009 at 12:19PM
mboston_gw

I love Jubilee Wax. Remember the formica kitchen tables of the 60's? My Mom used it on our table and you slid the salt shaker across like a hockey puck! I use it on my counter in my bathroom. Helps make it shine. We get a buildup of hairspray on it (DH uses way too much!). I haven't bought it in some time but Ace Hardware used to have it.

Bookmark   February 19, 2009 at 4:08PM
jannie

Fels Naptha Bar Soap. The greatest laundry stain remover ever.

Bookmark   February 20, 2009 at 10:04AM
kathleenca

Hi mboston,

I'm also a Jubilee Wax fan, & use it on the bathroom & kitchen tiles & faucets. The cream is no longer available, but there is still a spray. I buy it from the manufacturer, SC Johnson. Their Web site says:

"Having trouble locating a favorite SC Johnson product? Our Mail Order service carries a variety of items that may be hard to find and we'll ship them to any address in the United States. We even have a couple favorites that are no longer available in stores!

For products you're looking for, call 800-848-2588 to check product availability and pricing or place an order. Monday - Friday, 8 am - 6 pm CT.

Note: Prices are subject to change without notice. Featured products available while supplies last. We offer a 5% discount on full case orders; case price below reflects discount."

Kathleen

Here is a link that might be useful: SC Johnson

Bookmark   February 23, 2009 at 2:02PM
bhevv

We're making our own home cleaner, it's natural, safe than those commercial cleaners and one benefit you can save money.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ferienhaus Mallorca

Bookmark   February 27, 2009 at 10:17PM
More Discussions
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
Has anyone tried Green Works?
I see Costco has Green Works. DH and I are planning...
myclementine
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
Can you steam clean procelain tiles?
I would like to steam clean the procelain tiles in...
bryce5
Getting Cigarette Smoke Out of Clothes
My daughter's friend gave her a lot of clothes. Friend...
monicakm_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™