Shower Heads

dcwesleyMarch 6, 2013

We have been forced into a complete redo of our Master Bathroom. The custom built shower has been leaking and soaked the studs and floor joists. I am usually a meticulous planner, but the demo is done and I am trying to make decisions at the pace of our contractor.

We have a mid-size shower - roughly 5' x 3'. We had a shower head at each end. I am looking at installing the Moen Velocity 2-function rainshower attached to a 14" Waterhill shower arm.

I have a couple of questions.

First, I would love any feedback on using these as our only shower heads. I have never used a rainshower. Will there be enough force / pressure to rinse well, especially shampoo from long hair?

In the old shower with "traditional" shower heads, we could reangle the shower heads, useful because my husband is more than a foot taller than I am. Can the angle of rainshower heads be adjusted?

Any comment on the durability of the finish of these faucets?

Thank you for your help. My kitchen is a joy to use every day, largely due to all the help I received on gardenweb.

Here is a link that might be useful: Moen Velocity

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
herring_maven

dewesley: "I am looking at installing the Moen Velocity 2-function rainshower attached to a 14" Waterhill shower arm.
. . .
I would love any feedback on using these as our only shower heads. I have never used a rainshower. Will there be enough force / pressure to rinse well, especially shampoo from long hair?"

Good choice.

After a series of frustrations with heavily promoted shower heads, we replaced our shower head with a Moen Velocity (model 6320) a couple of years ago. Ours is at the end of a (double jointed) arm, also. What an upgrade! It is the BEST shower head I have ever seen or used, anywhere. You made an excellent choice. The Moen 6320 significantly improved the flow from our less-than-optimal water pressure to a flow sufficient to provide a satisfying shampoo rinse.

"In the old shower with "traditional" shower heads, we could reangle the shower heads, useful because my husband is more than a foot taller than I am. Can the angle of rainshower heads be adjusted? "

It certainly can be adjusted if your mounting arm has two joints.

Here is a link that might be useful: A double-jointed shower arm (like ours)

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 10:57PM
dcwesley

Thank you so VERY much.!! I can move on to the next decision.

Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 5:27AM
arianaink

I have the same Moen Velocity shower for a couple of years. It was a good choice; to this day we havenâÂÂt had any problems with it. My opinion is that you made a good choice.

Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 7:20AM
More Discussions
Vanities on opposite walls -- how much width?
Hey all. We are trying to design a long and narrow...
jenmendel23
WWYD - Mosaic tile accents?
Starting to try to figure out some of the decor details...
numbersjunkie
? Factory sealed carrera tile- anyone??
I went to the tile store today and was planning on...
amspinn
Trying to reconfigure master bath to include washer dryer
How does this layout look? how could I make this space...
cinnamon01
Tile sizes and colors...help!
My husband and I are about to tear our hair out. We've...
alidanae
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™