Please help, unusual stain problem!

SnbtwinsFebruary 25, 2008

I attended an engagement party at my cousins house and when my gift was unwrapped, the dye from the purple metallic tissue paper somehow got all over her white couch and hardwood floors. No clue how this happened, but it must have bled onto peoples hands and it is now all over her house.

She is freaking out and I feel terrible.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get dye off hardwood floors? And also what to use on her white couch?

Thanks,

Suzanne

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lizql

Did you try a damp cloth? Might try a little vinegar and water. That's what I always cleaned hard wood floors with. Won't hurt the couch fabric either.

Bookmark   February 25, 2008 at 2:16PM
reeree_natural

oh geezz..I am so sorry that happened to you..I know you feel bad, but it is not your fault, just an unfortunate thing that happened, so do not beat your self up!

I am not too sure about the hard wood floor but for the couch..Nature Bright by Shaklee (all natural )will take it out..it has removed wine stains from nearly white carpet, red pen ink from my sons white school shirts etc...it is an amazing product! It is a laundry boost and stain remover, powder form..you mix it with water and make a light "paste" rub it in the stain well..let it sit ..the stain should be gone... You can try a paste for the hard wood..it just may work! Hope this will help! and don't beat your self up, it is not you fault..it was an accident!

here is the link..let me know if you get it!
Ree

Here is a link that might be useful: Nature Bright Laundry Booster and Stain Remover

Bookmark   February 25, 2008 at 5:41PM
tsy72001

On the floor try a Mr. Clean Magic Easer. tht is what I use on my table when the kids leave construction paper and it bleeds.

Bookmark   February 26, 2008 at 8:07AM
Snbtwins

Great, thanks for the suggestions.

I will let her know!

Suzanne

Bookmark   February 26, 2008 at 8:26AM
jannie

Try some old fashioned cheap hairspray. I think because it has some alcohol,it will remove stubborn stains . I use hairspray as a cleaner of "last resort" on stains like ink, kids markers,etc.

Bookmark   February 26, 2008 at 1:41PM
passerine_me_com

I know this problem was posted in 2008, but I found this while trying to take care of a similar stain...so maybe someone else will find the answer useful: "Googone".

Some bright green tissue paper was under a package under our Christmas tree and unbeknownto us, it got wet and bled into the finish of the hardwood floor - staining it BRIGHT green. We tried many cleaners and the color remained - Googone rubbed into the stain gently with steel wool completely removed the stain.

Bookmark   December 29, 2010 at 4:37PM
More Discussions
How Do You Clean Whirlpool Jets??
We're building a new house and have ordered a whirlpool...
MrsBigE
Anyone have this problem with their BONA floor mop?
My BONA floor mop has no trigger pizazz (for lack of...
kaisermust
Film on glasses from dishwasher: etched?
The drinking glasses now look cloudy. I have been using...
linnea56
Removing Stains Caused by Stain Removers - Carpet
Hi all, What's the best way to remove stains on a Sofa,...
afrolawnmower
cleaning a black granite sink
I am new to this forum and after enjoying scrolling...
debpoll9
Sponsored Products
Bark Mini Pendant
$281.99 | Bellacor
Mistie Rug 6' x 9' - LIGHT BLUE
$1,999.00 | Horchow
ELK Lighting Eastbrook 1-Light Bathroom Vanity Light 17080/1 - 7W in. - 17080/1
$108.00 | Hayneedle
Iris Pendant
Lightology
Outdoor Lighting. 1-Light 12 in. Outdoor Burled Copper Plate Exterior Wall Sconc
Home Depot
Hardy Island Dome Deck Light by Hinkley Lighting
$65.56 | Lumens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™