Pizza Reheating - 240V Advantium

IceMan965March 20, 2012

What is the best setting to use for reheating pizza? Has anyone developed a custom, Speed Oven program to reheat pizza? I am not happy with the results when using only the microwave portion of the unit.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plllog

A lot of it depends on what kind of pizza you're reheating and what you want it to be like when it's done. We generally do flatbread or kind of chewy, and either do a full on oven job on it, or zap it for a quick bite, but the zapping takes knowing the exact size of the piece of pizza, the density of the crust, the dish it's in (does best on a porcelain lunch plate), etc.

I did some experiments on cheese toast. If you like your pizza crunchy (the ultimate anti-zap) this might be a good starting point for you. I used the rack from my toaster oven because I was specifically trying to get it to be toaster oven-like. The grill tray might work just fine. If the bottom is too soft or soggy, try a fine gauge wire rack.

Using the Texas Toast, 1-2 slice fresh setting (just turning it back on instead of turning over, of course), I
got crunchy crust and melty cheese.

I'd guess the dimensions were about that of a slice of medium, thicker bread, thinner cheese, no other toppings. Adjust for size. Also, you could crib the settings from the menu not to have it stop in the middle for the turn over. :)

If you don't want crunchy, I don't have any help for you other than to suggest you play around a bit.

Bookmark   March 20, 2012 at 11:23PM
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

Just use a griddle on the stove. That's the best method of reheating pizza.

Bookmark   March 20, 2012 at 11:56PM
jscout

Interesting, I've had my Advantium for five months now and it never occurred to me to even consider pizza under the MW options. I have used the speedcook pizza settings for frozen pizza. For reheating pizza have been using the Toast setting.

Bookmark   March 21, 2012 at 1:37PM
weedmeister

Don't use the microwave to reheat. Use the convection oven. I set mine to 375* for 12-14 minutes.

Bookmark   March 21, 2012 at 3:50PM
plllog

LOL! As I said, it depends on the pizza. Mine came out so well the first time I zapped it (before I had even moved into my kitchen, let alone actually learned how to use the Advantium), that I never bothered looking for another method. But it's not crunchy.

Bookmark   March 21, 2012 at 6:02PM
More Discussions
Capital Range Customer Service
Mostly people write on the internet forums, such as...
willinak
good experience with AJ Madison
Got a really good deal on $5k worth of Bosch appliances...
logastellus
Who makes Counter Depth fridge less than 36" wide
Hi, who makes a counter depth fridge that is only say...
Brad Goodyear
Seeking Bosch Benchmark Feedback
I know there have been a few posts regarding the new...
nadianyc
Counter depth refrigerators - who actually stocks them?
I need to replace my current counter depth refrigerator,...
yjacket86
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™