miele vacuum attachment: stb205 or seb217?

gfriesMarch 23, 2013

I've got a three level townhouse with 10% tile, 40% carpet, and 50% laminate. I'm buying a Miele S6 canister, and want to know if I should get the Dimension or the Dimension Plus (in Canada - Purple or Blue). I have medium pile nylon carpet. It looks like the lower model comes with a better smooth floor tool as well. Tough decision. Please share your experiences with these tools on your surfaces.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cavimum

Because you have carpet, the Dimension Plus is the better vac to buy. It has the electric wand, which one needs for the electric powered Turbobrush carpet head (that comes with it).

The Turbobrush that comes with the regular Dimension really is not going to get your carpet clean. It is not electric and has no "beater bars". This is really more important than whichever parquet tool you get for the hard flooring. Hard flooring is easy to vacuum with any attachment. Carpet is trickier and harbors more dust, pet hair, dander, etc.

I made sure both my Miele canisters (Gemini and Delphi) had the electric wand & turbobrush carpet head.

Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 11:47PM
karenlee56

When we bought our Miele Gemini, we opted for the eb217 Electro Plus head. We could have paid extra for an even more powerful head. As it turns out, the eb217 works very well on carpeting.

We also have the Parquet Twister floor attachment which came with it, and that services our tile and wood floors- which 99% of our home is now. I would not get anything below the eb217 head to do carpeting.

I also can't seem to find the models to which you refer with both dimension and s6 in the title or description.

Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 7:33PM
gfries

If you download the eBrochure from here, they list the Canadian models and their included attachments.

http://www.miele.ca/miele/canada/vacuums/vac_compact.asp

Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 7:59PM
More Discussions
Refrigerator Water Valve Leaking
Any idea why the blue cap (see red arrow) on the water...
tslats2
HELP PLEASE New Dacor range to replace old DCS (Fisher Paykel) range?
We moved into a house that has a 9 year old DCS by...
princesspronoid
Parts question: Fridgidaire Gas Stove Igniter
The oven igniter on our gas stove quit working. I went...
Pooh Bear
Lacanche-beautiful but how functional?
I am very tempted to splurge on a Lacanche for our...
mbwestfall
Convection Microwave vs Speed Cook Microwave Help
We are remodeling our basement to include a kitchenette...
Teresa Cooper
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™