Special cleansers/sprays for inductin surface

wallycatMarch 2, 2012

I am seeing several specific (whirlpool, ge, etc.) cleaners for induction.

Curious if you purchased anything special or just use mild dish soap and water/rag.

Also, if you use countertop spray (like Method or Simple Green) do you forsee this as being a problem?

DH installed our new counter yesterday and it is actually so pretty it makes the icky countertops we are ready to rip out, liveable.

Thanks for any feedback.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
herring_maven

wallycat: "Curious if you purchased anything special or just use mild dish soap and water/rag."

We have been using induction cooktops for a dozen years, We swipe with Weiman's (available just about anywhere) on a paper towel (squirt a small bit on the towel, not a glob on the surface itself) every couple of weeks for "deep" cleaning; in between, we keep a spray bottle of Windex Vinegar Window Cleaner nearby for quick swipes.

Bookmark   March 2, 2012 at 8:54PM
westsider40

My induction user manual says not to use ammonia for cleaning. So, that's what I do. Sparkle has no ammonia and certain kinds of windex are fine. Water and Dawn work well, with a microfibre cloth-but it gets cloudy.

Bookmark   March 2, 2012 at 9:23PM
llaatt22

In Canada, the Videla brand "Scrunge" pads are marketed for cleaning induction cooktops. I forget the American brand name for the same item. Along with a replaceable razor blade glass scraper, paper towels, and any Ceran cleaner, that's about all that is needed for a big occasional cleanup.
Vim sink and tub cleaner also works ok in a pinch. Just don't cover a large area with it or allow any of it to dry out. If it does dry you will get a workout and the cooktop will be really clean. Vim leaves a haze after cleaning but it will go away overnight.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ceran scrub pads

Bookmark   March 3, 2012 at 1:05AM
cj47_gw

No special cleaners here. For nightly wipe down, I use a dishcloth wet with a tiny amount of dish soap, followed by a microfiber to dry and polish. If it's really dirty, ie grease, heavy drips, etc. then I use more soap on the dish cloth, give it another swipe with a clean wet cloth to rinse, and dry with microfiber. It gleams with very little effort. Occasionally, because a bottle came with it, I use Ceramabryte on it, but honestly I don't see a whole lot of difference. :-)

Cj

Bookmark   March 3, 2012 at 12:09PM
llaatt22

Oops, it's Vileda brand "Scrunge" pads for induction. The American company is "O Cedar" and they don't sell the induction "Scrunge" so far.

Bookmark   March 3, 2012 at 7:42PM
westsider40

I spray Sparkle no ammonia and wipe with microfibre cloth. Perfect. Tonite I had rice boil over cause I wasnt paying attention. Blotted it up. Started over. addded water. watched it. came out fine. At cleanup, sprayed Sparkle and wiped. Showroom clean and sparkly. Oh how I love this cooker.

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 1:08AM
More Discussions
Parts question: Fridgidaire Gas Stove Igniter
The oven igniter on our gas stove quit working. I went...
Pooh Bear
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
Need Help Selecting Propane Cooktop
I am looking to replace an electric cooktop with a...
dandkmom
Lacanche-beautiful but how functional?
I am very tempted to splurge on a Lacanche for our...
mbwestfall
HELP PLEASE New Dacor range to replace old DCS (Fisher Paykel) range?
We moved into a house that has a 9 year old DCS by...
princesspronoid
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™