Advice on flush mounted cooktop

repacMarch 11, 2013

I'm trying to figure out how "flush" a flush-mounted cooktop should be. We just had a Wolf induction cooktop flush mounted in a granite countertop. The cooktop is nearly flush all the way around, but there is some lippage about half way around (back and part of two sides). It's probably about 1/16 to 1/8 inch higher than the countertop on the lippage. Is this as good as I should expect for flush? Also, will the cooktop settle after I start cooking with pots and pans on it? The cooktop was "shimmed" with a foam filler (from Wolf).

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
xedos

flush is flush.

it should not be proud or low and even more important is it should be consistent.

If it were all 1/16 high or low it wouldn't be that bad , but when only part of it is.................yuck.

Bookmark   March 11, 2013 at 8:29PM
Caliente63

As xedos says, flush means flush. Not over, not under, uniform with the countertop.

If the cooktop is not supported by a perfectly flat and even surface, you risk cracking the surface.

Bookmark   March 11, 2013 at 9:30PM
repac

The installer said it's very difficult to do a flush installation. He and his asst spent 3 hours over two trips installing it. Does that sound reasonable for a flush mount? Now that it's installed, would it be difficult to take out the sealer and redo it?

Bookmark   March 11, 2013 at 11:24PM
More Discussions
Install Question for Subzero Undercounter UC24 BG/S Beverage Center
We're looking to install a Subzero UC24 BG/S Undercounter...
pbx2
Anybody seen/used the new Bosch Benchmark appliances?
I think they are shipping these now. I have largely...
Juno_barks
Counter depth refrigerators - who actually stocks them?
I need to replace my current counter depth refrigerator,...
yjacket86
Lights on my Jenn-Air dishwasher
I have a two year-old Jenn-Air Trifecta dishwasher...
sail_away
Bluestar Precious Metals - Infused copper
Greetings, I am getting ready to order a 36" 6...
pitcom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™