Anyone know a retail source of really strong hydrogen peroxide?

albert_135February 18, 2008

I am doing some experiments on spots on an old carpet that was removed and would like to try some really strong hydrogen peroxide. Not the 3% or 5% in the brown bottles at the supermarket but 10% or higher.

In the clinical laboratory decades ago we had some really nasty hydrogen peroxide, would burn holes in one's skin. I don't need anything quite that strong. Do hair coloring kits still have peroxide? What about tooth whiteners?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eteinne

I was a hair dresser for many years so I can answer this one for you. The over the counter colorings contain 20 Vol H2O2. Don't buy a box kit just go to your local beauty supply store and pick up a bottle. It's much cheaper. Some sell to the public and some don't so call ahead. Sallys Beauty Supply sells to the public and are coast to coast. The H2O2 starts with 5 Vol, 10, 20, 30, 50, and 60. It's just a few $ for a quart.

Good luck!

Bookmark   February 18, 2008 at 2:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
albert_135

Thanks eteinne, we've a new mall opening with more new hair and nail salons than customers. When I visit the new mall I will ask at a few. It will be an interesting excuse to walk and exercise in the mall even if I don't find any peroxide.

Bookmark   February 21, 2008 at 12:41PM
More Discussions
Dirty Coffeemaker Sickness!
Warning: This Is NASTY! So I make a pot of coffee everyday...
tomatozilla
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
Anyone have this problem with their BONA floor mop?
My BONA floor mop has no trigger pizazz (for lack of...
kaisermust
Removing Stains Caused by Stain Removers - Carpet
Hi all, What's the best way to remove stains on a Sofa,...
afrolawnmower
How to rid house of dog smell
I'm doing a temporary rental (sold my house finally...
lisa77429
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™