financing in Fl please help

newhouse123February 19, 2013

We are wanting to build our home on our property of 5 acres that we own and have 20% down. we had found a lender and they ran our credit and we did fill out a preapproval form and sent over all our required documents, well after many voice mails and emails we have not received a preapproval from this lender this is a month now and no answers, feeling very fustrated, we had sold our home and are living in a temp place and need to move. We were asked by the lender how much it would cost to build the home..well we dont know what size plan to look at beacuse we dont know what we can borrow? isnt that what a preapproval is for? anyone gone through construction financing is this what is the first step and do we need to summit plans and cost to the lender before getting preapproved? so confused ?? Any help Thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
badfish22

try another bank Regions does construction loans in FL. that's who we were gonna use. construction loans are very risky for banks. they need to know every thing. Also they will check on the house progress before draws are paid.

Bookmark   February 20, 2013 at 7:58AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
newhouse123

What is the min credit score to get a construction loan

Bookmark   February 22, 2013 at 9:44AM
More Discussions
New Build Floorplan, timberframe house, input appreciated
So I’m yet another person looking for input on a floorplan....
am_e
Need Layout Ideas
Hello - we are purchasing the lot shown below. As you...
llandry1800
building over an old leach field
Perhaps this is county specific, but I was talking...
divine_serenity_gw
Looking at houses in my hometown today
So today I went to my hometown and drove around looking...
mrspete
After building....items you wish you would have thought of..
Hello, for those of you that built a house. After...
einajr
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™