Bluestar RAL colours - which one is best for a rich burgundy/wine

tomcarter101March 5, 2012

Hello all,

Working out the colour of the (to be ordered) Bluestar range.

Which of the 190 colours best represents a rich burgundy colour (Like the old Jaguar car colour or the Burgundy Red for the Lacanche ranges).

I don't want anything too shocking, but rich and deep. It will be in a 'white' kitchen with Q/S Oak floors.

Also any other colour ideas are welcome?

Thanks,

Tom

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MichelleDT

Looking at the BS color deck, 3004 (Purpurrot), 3005 (Weinrot) and 3007 (Schwarzrot) may work for you. If you want to go a bit more purple look at 4004 (Bordeauxviolett). Can your dealer give you a color deck?

Also, spend the money on metal color chips if you are trying to decide between two colors - we thought 9007 was perfect and when we got the chip it was flat, boring and did not look close to the color deck sample.

Good luck!

M

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 8:35PM
sayde

Second Michelle-- definitely buy the metal color swatch. You do not want to take a chance on this. The actual paint colors come through different from the swatch book. Actually some are close and some are way off.

Bookmark   March 6, 2012 at 1:22PM
sandy808

It would be worth purchasing the color sample cards as well as the actual metal samples of the reds you are considering. You can then check them with the lighting in your home.

I have the ruby red, RAL 3003, and it is stunning. it looks very rich in my house. It may or may not be the shade you are looking for.

Bookmark   March 9, 2012 at 1:22PM
lalithar

BTW, Modernaire also uses RAL colors and I got a bunch of chips for free. The La Canche color match is called 'Rouge Bourgogne'.. see attached link. It was darker than I expected. Of the RAL reds, I liked the RAL 3003 as well.. Very nice with stainless finish.

Bookmark   March 9, 2012 at 3:42PM
More Discussions
Bread baking in the Blue Star Range
We are in the process of building a new home and though...
mullde
Dishwasher drawer...who has one?
Do you like it? Any info appreciated.
jtaime2
Which would you choose - Liebherr or Bosch?
Hi all: I'm in the market for a counter depth, 24",...
firefangle
Magnetic SS Refrigerator
My wife and I keep going back and forth on the issue...
greasetrap
BlueStar Refrigerators
Anyone taken a look at the new BS refrigerators? If...
Mistman
Sponsored Products
Bluestar 12-piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™