smudges on hw floor....

andrelaplume2February 9, 2012

we have high gloss hw flooring in our kitchen. It looks great. Early on I'd used the nice smelling swifter spray mop thing. I read here a simple spray bottle of water would suffice so when the swifter solution ran out I started using the water. Don't get me wrong, the floors look great....until.....I open my front door and bright outside light fills house. Suddenly my floor looks smudgey. I used the swifter dry mop thing mistly water.....still smudgey...what the heck...

What should I be using. I saw the huricane spin mop on QVC...I see something similar (micofiber mop) at HD. The floor is clean...just smudgey!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
callie25

I use a terry or microfiber mop (you can find them at Lowes or HD). Mine is the "Quickie" brand & I can wrap & tuck a microfiber cloth in the slots of the mop as well. I spray the floor "lightly" using either Bona or Glass Plus (I dilute the Glass Plus with water 50/50). I've used my mop for years (costs a lot less too).

Bookmark   February 9, 2012 at 10:51AM
andrelaplume2

I will try that...it just seams to dry with smudges with the swiffer....

Bookmark   February 9, 2012 at 8:05PM
andrelaplume2

darn...which microfiber mop type....the one with thick strings or the one with the slats...looks like strips of SHAM WOW!

Bookmark   February 14, 2012 at 4:30PM
andrelaplume2

I think the issue is that darn swiffer solution has created a smudgy mess...I can try the vynigar/water solution...but that swiffer thing has to go. I want to get a mf mop...they have 2 kinds...one looks like an old traditioanl mop (stringy) and the other has flat pieces of that SHAM WOW looking material....not sure which is best...

Bookmark   February 15, 2012 at 9:00AM
Julie_Campbell

The Bona floorcare system is what you should get. It comes with a flat mop (best kind for wood floors), a microfiber mop pad that is truly everlasting and machine washable, and a full size bottle of Bona spray for approximately 15 bucks. The Bona spray is best used to maintain clean hw floors (inmho), to de-smudge you will want to use plain old vinegar mixed with water and some elbow grease.

Bookmark   March 4, 2012 at 10:00AM
More Discussions
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
Castile Soap Dilemma
This has probably been gone over, but I would like...
harlowolivia
silk comforter cleaning
I purchased 2 silk conforters in China 2 years ago,...
JudyC1949
Dirty Coffeemaker Sickness!
Warning: This Is NASTY! So I make a pot of coffee everyday...
tomatozilla
cleaning a black granite sink
I am new to this forum and after enjoying scrolling...
debpoll9
Sponsored Products
Arteriors Home - Jacoby Floor Lamp - 79989
Great Furniture Deal
New Persian Fine Kashan Green Hand Knotted 00% Pure Silk Oriental Rug H6009
BH Sun Inc
Sakura Blossom Bamboo Blinds - 72 Inch, Width - 72 Inches
$79.00 | Bellacor
Lippa 47" Dining Table in White
$459.00 | LexMod
Fleur-De-Lis Runner 2'6" x 8'
$599.00 | Horchow
Structures | S7 Floor Lamp
$695.00 | YLighting
Jaipur Rugs Handmade Cotton En Casa by Luli Sanchez Pouf - Taupe/Ivory Ivory Whi
$200.10 | Hayneedle
Cream Faux Silk Shade Vintage Chic Antique White Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™