Is this grout haze or not? - At my wit's end.

Fripp_07March 31, 2013

Pictured is my 12 x 24" matte finish porcelain bathroom floor tile with 1/16 inch portland cement pearl grout. I cannot seem to get rid of the grit near the grout joints. Tried vinegar/water, straight vinegar, drywall sanding sponge, Scotchbrite pads, Magic Eraser, etc. to no avail. Is this grout haze? I can feel the difference in texture when I run my finger across the tiles. It gets very gritty and rough as I approach the grout joint. All suggestions welcome!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
raehelen

I'm not an expert, but it sure sounds like it. Have you gone on to the John Bridge forum? Is your tile offset by 33 1/3%? Re are DIYing our own 12 X 24 porcelain tiles, and still haven't decided on layout yet.

Bookmark   March 31, 2013 at 7:42PM
Fripp_07

I think it is most likely grout haze as well. I cannot redo the rectified porcelain tile, it is a brand new renovation and I have spent quite a bit on this particular tile. Also, I have checked John Bridge and my last option seems to be sulfmaric acid, which I may try this week. Thanks.

Bookmark   March 31, 2013 at 8:01PM
cscow

I purchased a product at Home Deopt called grout haze remover and it did the trick for me on my tile and even countertops.

Bookmark   March 31, 2013 at 11:42PM
More Discussions
Showers 101
I'm hoping there is someone who can direct me to a...
jpbenstock
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
cloub
Conflicting Contractors: how to anchor a shower niche shelf
Dear Bathroom Wizards, We put an 18-inch wide, extra-tall...
hobobrian
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™