How to clean 'film' above gas stove?
I have a gas stove (first time ever) and I love it for cooking, however I've noticed that over the stove I have a "film" on my microwave and cabinets that I can't seem to remove. I assume this is from gas exhaust/vapors?!? I don't cook very often and when I do, it is very basic stuff (boiling water or re-heating something simple). For example, I have never "fried" anything on the stove top and I use very little oil when cooking.
Any ideas as to what this "sticky" film is and how to best remove it would be greatly appreciated.