Built in beverage center for bar

jgoppMarch 8, 2013

I'm currently having a custom bar built for another property that I have. It will be in the basement there and I'd love to have a built in beverage center. Problem is at least from what I can gather, is that they are very expensive for what you're getting. I think the cheapest ones I can find run at the bare minimum $700, and most are in the $1000-1500 range, and the high end brands are $2000+

Problem is, this thing won't be getting used all that much, and a lot of the reviews I read about the cheaper models say they simply don't get cold enough for beers aka sub 40 degrees.

I love the look of the built in, and the bar will be fairly high end looking, but I am unsure if this is a good investment. Of the centers you guys have gotten, which ones have been reasonable in price, and quality in operation?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GreenDesigns

Just put in a regular refrigerator if you want cold beer. Something like a 30" wide one will be less money and give you a lot more capacity at the temperature that you need.

Bookmark   March 9, 2013 at 12:40PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jgopp

I would do a regular fridge, but it's just a bar base and bar top. There isn't any room behind it for a fridge. Kind of hard to explain but it's kind of floating I guess you could say. That is why the beverage center seemed so appealing...

Bookmark   March 9, 2013 at 2:47PM
More Discussions
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
Need advice on combining induction and gas
This is my first post. Please forgive the length or...
jdsb2
Single Electric Wall Oven: WHY is it so hard to find a good one?
Hi everyone! We are finally WELL underway with our...
lovelylinguist
Bosch Benchmark slide-in induction range
I am pretty committed to going induction with our remodel....
steph2000
Removal of Dishwasher Detergent Build-Up
I have a Miele dishwasher in a rental unit that has...
dimond
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™