Pet odor enzyme cleaner recommendations?

chambleemamaJanuary 5, 2009

I like the Pet Oops! by The Clean Team, but I'm looking for more suggestions. I need something that isn't scented, that has enzymes to digest dog urine, and that won't stain or bleach out carpets. I have a Bissel carpet shampoo machine, and I'd like to be able to use enzyme products in that, as well. Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seattlemike

Several months ago we bought a Hoover SteamVac, our first carpet cleaner. The choice was driven by the fact that the local store had a huge sale, so we ended up getting it for about half-price. Anyway, we also picked up a bottle of Hoover Premium Pet Formula Carpet and Upholstery Detergent since the main reason for purchasing the carpet cleaner in the first place was to do a good cleaning job on some of our large area rugs that our dogs occasionally "claim" as their own. The bottle does not have an ingredient list, but the label does say that it contains enzymes. I don't know if Bissell has a similar pet formula, but I would think the Hoover one might work just as well in a Bissell machine. Good luck!

Bookmark   January 6, 2009 at 8:28PM
bryansda

You can also use vinegar to clean carpets if you don't mind your house smelling like pickles for a couple of days...LOL.

Bookmark   January 7, 2009 at 1:14AM
jannie

I like Natures Miracle spray, found at all pet stores. I have a dog who sometimes "forgets" her housebreaking training, as well as an elderly cat with health issues, vomoting and diarrhea. My third pet is a young cat who is very clean and never makes a mess.

Bookmark   January 7, 2009 at 11:03AM
chambleemama

Thanks to you all for the advice. I like the smell of the Nature's Miracle, and it seems to work as well as the Oops. What's also making a tremendous difference is using Cesar Millan's techniques to "balance" my smallest dog. Long walks twice a day, with the other three dogs, has calmed him and he's stopped pee-ing everywhere. No eye contact, either. It's amazing.

Bookmark   January 12, 2009 at 2:30PM
kristas1923

Yes! I love Cesar Millan! He has tons of experience and lots of practical advice. I have read all 3 of his books and have learned something valuable from each one.
However, I do dog-sitting in my home so I sometimes have "accidents" from other people's dogs. I will have to try the Nature's Miracle. Thanks!

Bookmark   January 21, 2009 at 11:00AM
florabelle1

Simple Solution! Very inexpensive, very effective. Use it safely on anything & everything.

http://www.petstreetmall.com/Stain-&-Odor-Remover-Concentrate/2050/578/details.html

Bookmark   August 24, 2009 at 7:35AM
More Discussions
Home library is musty smelling
I have a wall, floor to ceiling, of built in bookshelves...
liseebird
Pro Carpet Cleaning: Chemdry vs Steamer vs ??
Looking for a carpet cleaning service that does a good...
jsfox
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
40 Mule Team Borax
I have used Borax for many years. The last 3 boxes...
reader77
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™