Bathroom layout help

terrinmMarch 6, 2013

Well we finally have a rough floorplan. Here are a few details about it all..... this is a gut reno, a few things we have to work around. The odd 5x18 storage room behind the bedroom is where the original crawlspace and attic access are. I opted to make this storage so I don't have it under the bed.

The closet and bathroom space are new addition, and we are adding 9 feet onto the bedroom. This is corner space so the windows will look out onto wooded acreage.

Hopefully our inspiration pic from houzz will post :)

Eclectic Bathroom design by Denver Interior Designer Katy Allen, Nella Designs

There will be a fireplace with a tv above in the tub alcove and a 6' window looking out. Here is what we've come up with so far,

Another 2x3 window between the makeup vanity and shower and there will be a towel warmer below it.

I would love any input and ideas, especially if you see something that we will be sorry for afterwards!

Oh and the window in the bedroom will be the same size with a window seat underneath and built in cabinetry on either side, one side being the tv.

Thank you!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
terrinm

bumping for any possible input :)

Bookmark   March 12, 2013 at 8:59PM
williamsem

Ok, I'll play! More ideas is always better :-)

If you must have a door on the toilet area, make it swing out for safety.

Bookmark   March 12, 2013 at 9:57PM
terriks

If you must have a door on the toilet area, make it swing out for safety.

Or a pocket door!

Bookmark   March 13, 2013 at 12:16AM
terrinm

Thank you williamsem! Very interesting take on it. I like it, will show DH and GC this morning.

We talked about doing a pocket door, but didn't ding that inswing door wasn't good.

And williamsem what app did you use for this? Looks very handy.

Bookmark   March 13, 2013 at 7:56AM
williamsem

You're welcome! I'm no expert, and without grid lines the measurements might be a smidge off, so definitely might need some adjusting here and there. I figured with a tub set up like the one you posted, might as well go all the way! I thought some French door would look nice, but they take up a lot of space. Lateral hinges are nice and might work very well here to get a grand feel with nice doors. Having a door open in to a seperate toilet area can be a safety hazard if someone falls against it - wont be able to open the door to get them out.

I use Upad on my iPad for things like this. You have to save the pic, then open upad and upload as a background. Brush white over what you need to write over, then add what you want to add, zoom in to write so it can be read. Take a screen shot, upload to photobucket, and post.

Much easier than when I used to redraw on graph paper! Though it doesn't look at nice. I love upad though because you can take notes at meetings as well as write on documents or slide sets for notes. That's why I got it originally.

Bookmark   March 13, 2013 at 10:26AM
More Discussions
Family of 5 - only 1 1/2 bathrooms. What would you do?
We are an active family of 5 and our bathroom situtation...
rebeccamomof123
? Factory sealed carrera tile- anyone??
I went to the tile store today and was planning on...
amspinn
suggestions for double vanity between 2 walls
I'm looking for suggestions for a (or pictures of your)...
A McK
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
Advice on how high to hang mirror?
My BR remodel is in the finishing touches stage, I...
shappy22
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™