Tub Drain - Seriously?!
So we're ripping out our old tub/shower combo soon and replacing it. I thought some things would be simple no-brainers--like what tub drain & overflow to get. Then I talked to a girlfriend who mentioned how much she regretted her toe-tap drain and it got me thinking that maybe I need to make a more informed decision with our drain.
This is what I know:
- We're getting 60 or 66x32 Maax Rubix, which is 19.5" high
- That means I need a taller drain system right? (Is it what Gerber calls a "Roman" drain?"
- I want a trip lever for ease of use, but also so the strainer can catch hair before it goes down the drain. Is there a difference between ones advertised with "removable strainers" like the Kohler Swiftflo? That sounds like a good thing right?
- Do I need to care about 16 gauge vs. 20 gauge brass
- Is there anything else I need to know?
Thanks all. I never thought I'd have to know anything about bath drains!