Kohler old toilet color

ljp326March 13, 2014

Bath renovation trying to match Kohler PARCHMENT fiberglass shower unit with a "new" toilet to match the shower unit which isn't being replaced. Unable to match a toilet color with Parchment�any thoughts out there?

I know there are toilet seat sites there to match toilet but i'm looking to possibly replace it or just might have to keep it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ineffablespace

I think Mexican Sand (darker) or Almond (lighter) are going to be the closest blends. You can order samples on the Kohler website

Here is a link that might be useful: Color Chip Store

Bookmark   March 13, 2014 at 9:58PM
DreamingoftheUP

If the idea is to get the closest match on color, you're in a difficult spot. With a toilet, you could take the tank cover to showrooms and compare. There's no piece to take from a shower stall.

What I would do is search online for the plumbing supply places, kitchen and bath showcases and design galleries near you. Next, come up with a list of brands - Kohler, American Standard, Toto, Gerber, etc. and find out which of the places carry which brands. Go there and plead your case and ask to borrow the color chip samples, putting down a deposit for it if requested. Try to get all the samples for all the brands at home at the same time, then pick the closest match.

Bookmark   March 13, 2014 at 10:53PM
OldTimeCarpenter1

Kohler made parchment (color #40) from 1976 through 1989. It is no longer made.

You may be able to find old fixtures at an architectural salvage dealer. I see them from time to time.

If you buy an old toilet, your plumber may have to modify it to meet current federal law on flushing limits -- but many jurisdictions overlook the requirement for heritage toilets. Ask your local plumbing inspector.

Bookmark   March 14, 2014 at 12:07AM
More Discussions
extra tile decisions
It turns out I have more grey crackle tile than I needed...
edwina 1330
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
Ledges, niches and shelves
In our first remodel, we did niches (don't like them),...
sjhockeyfan325
bathroom window
I'm getting ready to waterproof my bath/shower alcove...
spielbass
Need bathroom sink/mirror/sconce advice asap!!
Hello everyone, we are in a total pickle over what...
Jenn Cassie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™