juniork-- can you share garage door source?

michoumonsterFebruary 4, 2012

Hi Juniork,

Sorry to call out for you on this forum. Hope you are still around! I saw a pic of your garage doors in one of the build progress threads and understand it is faux wood? It looks beautiful, as does the rest of your house. I was hoping that you could share the source for where to buy such a door? I am also in the Bay area, which I think you are also -- (I promise I am not a stalker)! Also, can you give me a ballpark on price too?

Thanks so much for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chispa

I'm not juniork, but I've just researched and bought garage doors. For wood I recommend ranchhousedoors.com. They also carry faux wood made by fatezzi.com. The faux wood were just a bit more expensive than the wood + stain + clear coat costs.

The faux wood looked great from the distance, but felt like plastic when touched. I'm in CA, so the wood will weather well here and be a better fit for my house style and price point. If I was still living in the northeast then the faux wood would have been a better choice.

Bookmark   February 4, 2012 at 11:25PM
michoumonster

Thanks for the info Chispa, I will look for a ranchhousedoors dealer near me to check it out. I was thinking of going with the faux wood for less maintenance since i knew the wood would require annual staining, etc. I didn't realize that the faux wood would cost more than real wood though!

Bookmark   February 4, 2012 at 11:42PM
chispa

I don't think the wood requires annual staining. I think a clear coat every few years. We are in the LA area and have a wood front door. This door faces east and gets quite a bit of sun. It is 10 years old and I don't think the previous owners did anything to it - it is just now showing its age. I'll get it refinished soon when the garage doors gets installed. Materials last a lot longer in this drier CA climate.

Bookmark   February 5, 2012 at 12:00AM
More Discussions
Master Bath revisions
Which revision do you like better? There can only be...
edwardshome
House Looks Small Framed?!
our home is 3200 ft.², by no means small in my opinion....
23meghan
The movers are scheduled, now what to do?
We called our movers and they will be here on the 16th....
aimless07
getting close to our move in day
Moving in about two weeks, got a lot of things to do...
joerallen
Well Water
For those of you with well water only. What systems...
Renee0829
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™