Carrara Marble vanity long-term outlook

vp_78March 31, 2012

We're thinking about installing a carrara marble vanity top in the kids bathroom. It'll be small (25"), so it's not a HUGE expenditure, but if we do go this route, do we need to do it assuming it'll be etched before the year is through? And then learn to appreciate the beauty of the, um, "seasoned" marble? I've been reading through all of the posts here, and quite frankly it seems impossible to avoid etching the carrara. Or am I being too pessimistic?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
positano

I have a honed carrerra top in our basement bathroom. The kids and DH and I have been using it since we are renovating our upstairs bath.
We have it honed and I sealed it with Miracle 511 sealer. It has been great and looks so beautiful.
You don't notice the etch marks with the honed surface and we haven't been very careful with it. DH has left shaving cream cans out on top of it(I was worried about the can leaving rust on the marble, but it's fine) THe kids have also left toothpaste on it , and that left no marks.

I put Cambria Torquay in the upstairs bath just because my son will be using it. He loves to bang things and I was a little concerned he would chip the marble.

Loved the honed marble though, nothing beats that smooth silky feel!

Bookmark   April 1, 2012 at 6:03AM
More Discussions
Starting from dirt- literally! A basement bath DIY Adventure pt2
Ok, since Garden Web puts a limit on the length of...
hunzi
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Bath fan dilemma
Looking for other options for bath fan/heater/light/nightlight....
gramarows
Cast Iron, Soaking, Free Standing Tub?
That is what I think I want, but I'm not finding very...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Trying to reconfigure master bath to include washer dryer
How does this layout look? how could I make this space...
cinnamon01
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™