Dacor, Bertazzoni, Bluestar vent required?

dgsgMarch 18, 2012

Original 50s kitchen with Knotty Pine cabinets, tile counter tops and tile on the walls 48" up from the floor. Looking to replace a 36" (4) burner O'Keeffe & Merritt stand alone range. There is an existing 6"x6" vent above the range vented through the roof. (no fan). We never fry foods. Looking to get one of the above in a 36" (5) burner top. Is a hood absolutely necessary? Been in the house 30+ years with the existing vent. Without a full remodel hood would look very much out of place in this kitchen!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fori is not pleased

You won't be making any more grease and steam with the new stove unless you change your cooking style, so if you're happy with what you have, I don't see why there would be a problem.

Or maybe try to retrofit a low-key hood like a slideout into your existing cabinets. The light is nice to have.

Or check out the Flair by Vent-a-hood, if they still make them. Those work well stylistically with knotty pine.

Bookmark   March 18, 2012 at 7:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

You won't be putting anymore grease into the kitchen if cooking style remains the same. But if you get the BS,and you use it to it's abilities,you will put at least more heat into the kitchen.And if you have no plans to change cooking style in any way what is the point of BS? It is like getting a Dodge Viper and never go past 55 or never accelerate to 60 any faster than 9 seconds:)

I suppose the answer could be the BS's even heat. But that is gross under utilization of the BS cooktop.

Bookmark   March 19, 2012 at 1:50AM
More Discussions
Bluestar platinum vs Capital Culinarian
We are deciding on kitchen appliances for our upgrade...
malba2366
Bosch Dishwasher Problems...
We have a relatively new (1-2 years old) Bosch dishwasher....
ronaka
Liebherr cs2062 door badly scratched
Hi everyone, I am considering the purchase of a "scratch...
Chris Treadwell
Miele 643g dishwasher
I bought a house that has this dishwasher. I do not...
cbsdesign
Best dishwasher with a heated dry option?
Does anyone have recommendations for a dishwasher that...
My4thGarden
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™