Do your light fixtures NOT match the finish on your faucets?

girlcat36March 16, 2009

If you didn't use matching finishes on your light fixtures and faucets, what finishes did you use together? Pictures if possible. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
igloochic

My light fixtures are antique in an aluminum color with gold. My faucets are chrome, shinny bright chrome. We also have stainless counters and sinks. And then to finish the mix of mixes :) We have brass knobs on the stove. I mixed because the stove is a mix of brass and silver (so gold and silver). Our knobs are also pewter, but it flows nicely.

Bookmark   March 16, 2009 at 5:34PM
igloochic

LMAO this isn't the kitchen forum heh heh

Ok in the bathrooms....

I have ORB faucets and gold knobs and lighting :) See I can answer right heh heh (DOH!)

Bookmark   March 16, 2009 at 5:40PM
girlcat36

Your kitchen---wow! Nice blending of the metals!

Nice job on the bathroom, too. I think it works because the faucet is so close in color to all the cabinets.

Thanks!

Bookmark   March 16, 2009 at 6:01PM
mojua

We used brushed nickel lighting and chrome fixtures. They're really similar, but the brushed nickel has a bit richer look.

Bookmark   March 16, 2009 at 7:09PM
toadangel

i also have chrome fixtures & brushed nickel light. I didn't want brushed nickel fixtures because i went more classic with navy & white... but every chrome light i saw just looked garish in my mind. I think they look fine together.

my pics don't allow you to see the finishes really... sorry

Bookmark   March 16, 2009 at 8:07PM
spacechallenged

Hi
Sorry, I don't have any pics. I'm in the middle of a bath remodel but I will have chrome bathroom faucets. My vanity light is matte black and I will have 2 wall sconces that are matte black with brushed nickel accents. I have a couple of bathroom accessories that are chrome and brushed nickel also. I'm hoping it will all blend. I know I must be breaking all kinds of design rules but I did my best picking this stuff out and trying to keep within my budget:)

Bookmark   March 17, 2009 at 8:01AM
clembeauchamp

A related question: How important is it to stay with one manufacturer within a given finish? I mean, if I get a polished nickel Grohe faucet for the sink, is it really necessary for me to get a polished nickel Grohe towel rack? I understand the finishes can vary from company to company but is it really that noticeable to the average eye?? Could I, say, get a polished nickel towel rack from Pottery Barn?

Bookmark   March 17, 2009 at 8:39PM
mojua

I have a brushed nickel towel ring less than a foot from a chrome fixture in my small powder room, and you'd never know they're different unless you looked VERY closely...in other words, NO ONE will ever notice the difference...and in fact, after you've had the fixtures in your house for a few weeks, you won't even remember which is which...big decisions become SMALL details when it's all said and done...

Bookmark   March 17, 2009 at 10:11PM
girlcat36

Thanks for all your responses. I find myself overthinking everything!

Bookmark   March 18, 2009 at 3:41PM
mongoct

mix and match:

oil-rubbed bronze light fixtures, polished nickel faucet, and brushed pewter knobs and hinges.

Mongo

Bookmark   March 19, 2009 at 2:24AM
igloochic

Clem, I'm not sure I can count high enough to figure out how many ORB manufacturers are represented in my master bath (above). The towel bar is different than the train rack, and different from the faucet on the tub, which is different from the faucets on the sinks and different than the shower fixture, blah blah blah. I wouldn't put two towel bars together that are from different manufacturers, but other than that...don't worry about it.

Bookmark   March 19, 2009 at 2:56PM
girlcat36

Mongo--that looks beautiful!

Bookmark   March 19, 2009 at 3:18PM
mongoct

Thank you!

Bookmark   March 20, 2009 at 12:29AM
spirit57

Do the globes have to match?

Bookmark   April 22, 2011 at 8:43PM
More Discussions
Need advice. Subway tile on uneven kneewall
So I was kinda pissed off when I walked into my bathroom...
Michael Coates
help choosing modern recessed lighting.
Oh my goodness this seems to be the hardest part of...
Edie Nicosia
Toilet seat height
The other thread here asking about whats new in bathroom...
numbersjunkie
Do I really need a steam shower?
We are in the process of finalizing plans for redoing...
attygirl
Anyone have Swanstone shower base?
I was able to dig up the technical/testing specs for...
cataan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™