Zote Laundry soap?

linnea56January 26, 2011

I saw something while in the laundry detergent aisle. A big bar of soap, labeled "Zote" laundry soap.

I have always used detergents, but I wonder what are the advantages of using soap? Is it better for pretreating or handwashing? My teen daughter has many delicates, and she often spills. Thus far, the pretreatments like Spray and Wash, etc. have not been very effective, often taking many treatments and washings to work. By the time the stain is out, the garment has taken a beating. Same issue with my husband's dress shirts, the spray ons just don't work very well. I use BIz to pretreat too, but it changes the color of a lot of things. My son is in Med school, and his white lab coat gets very dirty (with: you don't want to know!), I'd love to find something that would work. He's been taking it to the dry cleaners, but I hate to think of him wearing all those toxic chemicals all day. It would have to be both effective, and easy, for him to do!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greencleaning

The basic natural ingredients used in the manufacture of ZOTE are the same used to make bath soaps; therefore, these are non-abrasive ingredients, which make ZOTE the ideal product to wash delicate garments which may be damaged in the washing machine (such as sweaters, knitwear and underwear), preserving them in good conditions and extending their life.

Bookmark   February 1, 2011 at 9:47PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jannie

I bought some great laundry soap on line. It's called Charlie's Soap. Sorry, I don't know how to post a link. But it's great for laundry, a powder, use only one tablespoon per load. It's not cheap. But it dissolves instantly, makes loads of suds, smells nice (vaguely like coconut) gets out dirt and odors, and rinses out beautifully. I heartily recommend it.

Bookmark   February 6, 2011 at 10:50AM
More Discussions
Best hardwood floor cleaner?
Our floors just got finished 2 months ago and I hate...
lmrinc_gw
Jetted Tub Cleaning - I'm at my end point!
Hello everyone, I know this subject has been posted...
Auroras_Envy
silk comforter cleaning
I purchased 2 silk conforters in China 2 years ago,...
JudyC1949
easiest way to clean silk plants?
I have a bunch of silk plants, mostly in my kitchen...
drcindy
Mold/ Mildew out of clothing, Can it be done?
I have a pink and a blue shirt that were not unpacked...
saphire
Sponsored Products
Purple Butterfly Folding Tall Bin
$15.99 | zulily
Large Laundry Basket with Ticking-Stripe Liner
$150.00 | Horchow
White Basketweave Bench Hamper
Overstock.com
ClosetMaid SuiteSymphony 25 in. Shoe Shelves - 8913
$39.99 | Hayneedle
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Veranda Cream/Green 5 ft. 3 in.
Home Depot
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Veranda Cream/Terracotta 6 ft.
Home Depot
Ukinox D610.457 Single Basin Stainless Steel Dual Mount Laundry Sink with washbo
Overstock.com
Four Gia Orange Plaid Placemats - ORANGE
$80.00 | Horchow
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™