Master bath - ming green marble and porcelain wood tile

lzhwongMarch 13, 2013

Do you think these colors work? I was thinking of doing a light wood porcelain tile in a herringbone pattern for the floor. I don't think the tile I chose is exactly right - maybe a little darker or more gray? For the shower, I was planning on doing ming green marble in a hex for the floor and a combination of white subway tile and the ming green horizontal tile. Any ideas on a good pattern? I also plan on putting white subway tile on the shower ceiling.

The vanities will be white, countertop still undecided but leaning towards a white marble like quartz? Possibly silestone lagoon or something similar. There will also be white batten board around the perimeter of the bathroom.

Thank you for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lzhwong

I like this tile design in the shower and was thinking I can do the ming brick pattern tile on the bottom with white subway on top and some ming pencil border up top. Any thoughts on how this would look? Another idea is to do all white subway with a thick ming tile border.

I don't want to use ming marble tile on the floors. I would like to use some sort of porcelain tile for ease of cleaning and also since it is more budget friendly. Any suggestions other than the wood porcelain tile?

Bookmark   March 13, 2013 at 4:38PM
More Discussions
Does anyone know where to sell a brand new vanity
looking to sell locally only and tried craigslist this...
matdrew
Need bathroom sink/mirror/sconce advice asap!!
Hello everyone, we are in a total pickle over what...
Jenn Cassie
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
cloub
Marble bathroom question?
I am a lurker on this forum and have learnt a lot from...
sokool1
Under bathroom sink pull-out
Having custom bathroom vanity built...double sinks...
janelor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™