Happy Year of the Snake :-o

christmascandyFebruary 10, 2013

Not really a snake fan so I set a Chinese New Year Table using $1 wooden snake from Targ.

I found only 3 of the black and white plates at the TS so I just set places for 2.

For the CP, I used a brass charger, black candlestick, and red candle. I also used some silk mums. I also placed fortune cookies on each fork.

For the table, I used a red tablecloth, black chargers, black napkins, chopsticks, gold forks, and some black stemmed goblets. Everything was TS except the gold forks.

I also used a tiny Oriental themed tea set that belonged to my DM when she was a little girl.

Happy Year of the Snake!
Candy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nana2010_gw

Candy, Your table is perfect for Chinese New Year!
I love the plates. They are perfect with the black chargers.
It is so nice that you used your Mom's tea set.
Happy Year of the snake to you too!!
Nana

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 8:11AM
phonegirl

Candy, fun to see you joined Nana and set a Chinese New Year tablescape. It's so fun to see the different pieces used on the tables. I have a vase, bowls w/spoons like yours and some wooden chopsticks from Noodle Express. Maybe I should join you ladies.LOL I have that same set of blk & wht dishes too!

Nice that you used your DM's little tea set for this ts. Thanks for sharing. Stay safe and warm.

Punk

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 10:04AM
slinkey

Ssssswonderful..table setting!
Great combination with the R/B & White..
I think those plates are perfecft too. It's a shame that you only found 3.. Your DM's tea set is a precious addition.
BTW...I'm not a snake fan either..!!
But enjoyed this tablescape.

jane

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 3:05PM
jeannespines

Nah ...you can ditch the snake if I come over & dine...altho you did find one w/ssssssimplicity! ;-)

The plates are very pretty & I was trying to figure out what was on top of the napkins...fortune cookies, of course! R & B combo...looks great for this celebration! ...the goblets, too! TFS, Candy! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 5:00PM
Purplemoon

I like snakes. ;o)

Ditto on what the others said about your lovely table.
hugs, Karen

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 10:55PM
More Discussions
trial
<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a...
nana2010_gw
Christmas, 2014
Our kitchen
swest2_gw
Judith (Sweet Designs blog)
Hi everyone. I have checked her blog numerous times...
marylmi
Mardi Gras Table
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/J-B68ziUqqsKI1jUbGIsF0R-rRjcD4-szAG4k6T8_AM?feat=directlink...
nana2010_gw
NOT HAPPY with this TAKE-OVER
Hate, hate, hate this has happened to our Forum. I...
Purplemoon
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™