Granite question for the cleaning gurus

rozillaJanuary 18, 2010

I was so thrilled with my new granite countertops...until this ugly faded white spot showed up next to my sink. I removed the sealer, and re-sealed, but nope, still there. Only thing I can think of is that a little rust remover might have gotten on there when I was trying to rescue some rusty garden clippers, but my research shows you can use rust remover on granite. Called the place we bought it from, and they have no idea. Anyone here have any thoughts? I want it gone!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

My GF has a couple of white spots on her bathroom granite. She hasn't found anything to remove them. Maybe someone will answer you with a solution yet!!

Bookmark   January 25, 2010 at 1:27AM
rozilla

Someone has to know this. Think hard guys!

Bookmark   January 27, 2010 at 7:59PM
carolpolki

Ask the natural stone experts. See link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stain Removal

Bookmark   February 5, 2010 at 4:24PM
rozilla

Thank you so much, Carol!

Bookmark   February 5, 2010 at 9:39PM
cdcengineer

I've been following this forum for a while now and wanted to contribute something.

I had a rust stain that looked liked it was etched into my granite counter. It was caused by a recycled can getting left on the counter wet overnight. I bet the counter needed to be resealed and that s why it happened.

Anyway, I read all over the web and found that the say a product called Super Iron Out could get it out. I was nervous putting a chemical on the counter, but had to try something as my methods were doing nothing.

I finally got some and it's a white powder. I mixed it with water to make a paste and put it on the stain and covered it overnight. The next morning I carefully washed it off because the paste seemed gritty and I didn't want to scratch the counter.

Long story short, it worked. Hope this helps someone else.

Bookmark   August 3, 2012 at 1:15PM
More Discussions
Pro Carpet Cleaning: Chemdry vs Steamer vs ??
Looking for a carpet cleaning service that does a good...
jsfox
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
nylon jacket stains
Hi, I have a cute green nylon jacket that has normal...
mimilm
HELP! Clear Glass Shower Doors w/ hard water stains
I have extremely hard water and have clear glass shower...
kristinamaria
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™