Bona film

lodaladyJanuary 14, 2013

I searched the many posts, but most are outdated. We have Great Lakes hand scraped oak floors, approx. three yrs old. The floor has an aluminum oxide finish. Unfamiliar with hard wood, I'm only hand mopped and waxed. The wax was Quik Shine from WalMart, OOPS! Last week, the dog made a mess that required a deep cleaning. Everything, EVERYTHING, has gone down hill since then. I made a special trip to town and purchased the Bona products and now I have a film. What the heck? Now what should I do? I bought the cleaner and the polish. I'm now searching online for the Shark as I am getting desperate! Any suggestions or ideas?I've been on my knees more than standing this weekend, and I'm too old for that!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
clt3

I think you need to remove the Quik Shine. An ammonia solution should do it.

Bookmark   January 15, 2013 at 6:45AM
lodalady

I think you are right about removing the Quik Shine. In shear despiration, I went to WalMart and bought a Shark. I don't plan on using it all that often, and I will turn on the ceiling fans when I do, but will it remove wax?

Bookmark   January 15, 2013 at 6:52AM
jab65

I love my Shark steam mop, which I use mostly on tile. My new one, however, has a very wide head and allows you to regulate the steam, so I do use it on wood occasionally with lower steam. You may need to use it 2 or 3x to get off the Quick Shine, which I'm not familiar with.

Bookmark   January 18, 2013 at 9:10PM
wwwonderwhiskers

Call the people who installed your floors. They should provide advice, and maintenance program from there. Ours is 16 months old, not nearly as nice a wood as yours, but site-finished white oak nontheless. They recommended Bona, and told me if if I used Murphy's mop (for example), that it would react with the wood sealer and make a big gummy mess if we ever wanted to have floors polished or re-done in future decades. FYI Good luck!!

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 11:31AM
More Discussions
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
cleaning brass & copper
Hello everyone I somehow inherited a box of old old...
laalasa
Grout
An electric toothbrush and Listerine + clean grout....
jak4
ink marks
How to remove ink (lines from a pen) on a sofa? Also,...
kathyg_in_mi
Using same vacuum for outside lanai and off white carpet???????
I have one vacuum. It is a Shark Robot. I need to...
mizsusan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™