Tile Assistance

uafly1March 30, 2012

Due to various leaks I've decided to update my bathroom. I am planning on replacing my cultured marble top with granite and retiling my shower. I am not retiling my the tub surround, so I've have to choose tiles that would work with my existing color scheme. As much as I would love a custom tile shower floor, I've decided to go with the Kohler Cast Iron Pan, (inspired by catsmom).

I've stopped going to tile stores because I am instantly drawn to the $20-40/sq ft tile. This is not my forever home so I am trying to keep it simple. With that in mind, I wanted to have some fun as well.

I've fallen in love with the Arabesque Tile from Mission Stone and Tile. I did not fall in love with the price, so I decided on a compromise.

I can not do all lantern as it would just be too white. I need something with a little color. My bathroom is windowless and the other tile it beige.

I've ordered samples, to make sure the colors would work.I am unsure of the design.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Olandy

There are a few sites with tile patterns. Daltile has several. I have also used quilt patterns in the past for a tile floor I did. Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tile Patterns

Bookmark   April 2, 2012 at 8:49AM
uafly1

Thanks Olandy
My samples are coming today so it might be easier once I see them in person.
I actually called the tile maker and suggested they put products idea on Houzz. Ha!

Bookmark   April 2, 2012 at 10:29AM
uafly1

Well I can answer my own question. Those tiles do not work. They are the Home Depot version of Lantern tiles, and they may work better in a small space but in a shower I would go bigger. So maybe I just need to save money for the real thing.

Bookmark   April 4, 2012 at 1:18PM
lpinkmountain

That was a great website you posted Olandy! I knew there must have been something out there like that but could not find it.

Bookmark   April 4, 2012 at 2:32PM
Olandy

:)

Hope you find something you like. I've been pondering patterns for my bath and kitchen backsplash. Learning to tile was my first major DIY skill.

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 9:23AM
More Discussions
help - can I recess surface mount medicine cabinets?
We have just realized that our previously ordered 5...
docellie
Lowe's master bath estimate....seems high?
Due to a 3-year old poor tile job in our stand up shower...
A McK
What is the strongest, best bathroom fan on the market?
We've had mildew in our old bathroom, despite having...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
What kind of tile is this?
I am doing a partial renovation of a bathroom and I...
vandylaw06
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™