Clean Burnt Pot with Ease

Autumn37January 24, 2013

Simply put full strength dishwashing liquid in pot while hot, even if food is still in it, and make sure there is enough to cover the bottom of the pot (roll it around to ensure that the bottom is completely covered, although you may not be able to see it if food is still in). DO NOT ADD WATER and let sit for a few minutes, burnt stains will wash right out. Key: must use a good quality dish liquid.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana

Hmmm...I can't help but think that that 'may' work in 'some' cases, that it just won't work in every case.

I once severely burned popcorn in a stainless steel pan. Soap, regardless of what kind it was, or how it was used, didn't begin to help it. I worked on it off and on for several days using something similar to these..... Stainless Steel Scrubber Pads.

Lots of other good, and some not so good, tips at the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Burned Pot threads found via a seach of this forum

Bookmark   January 25, 2013 at 7:27AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mss103

I, too, had burnt popcorn on a stainless steel pot, and no amount of soaking worked. I finally used straight ammonia, and let it soak for days, then scraped the rest of the residue off with a knife. A real PITA.

Bookmark   January 29, 2013 at 7:43PM
More Discussions
40 Mule Team Borax
I have used Borax for many years. The last 3 boxes...
reader77
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
Best hardwood floor cleaner?
Our floors just got finished 2 months ago and I hate...
lmrinc_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™