dream home house plans (basement)

catfeverFebruary 11, 2013

Here is the basement plans we have.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Mark_KC

Nice plan - I like the flow of the space. Here are some things to consider:

1) Suspend the garage (ie: excavate under the garage). In our area they will cost anywhere from $15k to $20k, but it provides you with a huge amount of additional space to work with. You don't have to finish the space today, but it will be there when your family expands.

2) I would consider pushing the bar island to the left and create either a wine cellar or bar pantry that extends into the storage space - there is always more party gear than cabinet space.

3) Not sure if you have a walk-out basement but have you considered adding an exterior door by the storage room (next to the office). Might be a good place to store your lawn equipment and would free up space in your garage. (if you did this I would lose the door from the office to the storage room - we call these John Deere rooms in the midwest.

4) I don't see a sump pump indicated on your drawings, but I would strongly consider that

5) Not sure what your plans are for audio/video systems, but I would definitely enourage you to wire for flush mounted surround speakers.

Looks great - good luck

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 8:04PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catfever

Mark..Thanks for the sugestions

1.we are on a sidehill overlooking the river and we were hoping to tile around the house and dump it over the hill to the river and avoid a sump pump.

2. we will ask about the space under the garage and see how that effect the budget

3 we will have a full walk out basement

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 8:31PM
More Discussions
Frank Betz Chapman from Start to Finish
Following in the footsteps of 'jnjmom,' our family...
trulygrateful
What would you do differently if you were building your house again?
I saw this thread dated from a few years ago on the...
Darla Grossman
Floorplan advice
We are a family of 4 with 2 young kids ages 3 and 10...
Butternut
What is your favorite feature about your house?
Do you have one or several favorite features or a...
Darla Grossman
It's March 2015: How is your build progressing?
Zorro-anyone can start one. :) Link to It's February...
autumn.4
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™