dream home house plans (basement)

catfeverFebruary 11, 2013

Here is the basement plans we have.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Mark_KC

Nice plan - I like the flow of the space. Here are some things to consider:

1) Suspend the garage (ie: excavate under the garage). In our area they will cost anywhere from $15k to $20k, but it provides you with a huge amount of additional space to work with. You don't have to finish the space today, but it will be there when your family expands.

2) I would consider pushing the bar island to the left and create either a wine cellar or bar pantry that extends into the storage space - there is always more party gear than cabinet space.

3) Not sure if you have a walk-out basement but have you considered adding an exterior door by the storage room (next to the office). Might be a good place to store your lawn equipment and would free up space in your garage. (if you did this I would lose the door from the office to the storage room - we call these John Deere rooms in the midwest.

4) I don't see a sump pump indicated on your drawings, but I would strongly consider that

5) Not sure what your plans are for audio/video systems, but I would definitely enourage you to wire for flush mounted surround speakers.

Looks great - good luck

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 8:04PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catfever

Mark..Thanks for the sugestions

1.we are on a sidehill overlooking the river and we were hoping to tile around the house and dump it over the hill to the river and avoid a sump pump.

2. we will ask about the space under the garage and see how that effect the budget

3 we will have a full walk out basement

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 8:31PM
More Discussions
Induction cooktops.... Do you have one?
I am doing research on what is out there as far as...
blandinababes
Floorplan Feedback-I think we're getting close!
This is the upstairs. The office in the lower corner...
edwardshome
Savings - basement bar with laminate
Working on finding ways to get closer to our original...
Mini Soda
Ventless fireplace
I know there is a fireplace section on the forum, but...
okla1706
Interior Doors - any experience with this company?
Does anyone have any experience with solidhardwooddoors.com...
numbersjunkie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™