Help finding a plan
Maybe someone can help me find a plan that will work without a lot of changes. Our favorite look for a house is a cape cod or country farmhouse with wrap around porch and dormers. We live in central Indiana. This house will be on several acres in the middle of an area with lots of corn fields and trees. The front of the house will face N-NE.
Main things I am wanting:
1. 2 story with a basement
2. Master on main level
3. Roomy kitchen
4. Eating area that is at least 16'
5. A space for home schooling
6. Nice size family room
7. half bath we can get to without going through main family room
8. large mudroom
9. laundry near master
- attached garage 2.5-3 car
Would also love a sitting room for the piano that can be closed off for noise reduction and to look nice near the front door AND a room off of the family room to be used for a play room.
1. 2 or 3 bedrooms (We currently have 5 kids - 4 girls and 1 boy)
2. 2 bathrooms with one having a nice space for girls to get ready.
3. upstairs laundry area
I sent an email to our builder and I will paste it here. These plans are ones that I like the floorplan. I am not in love with the exteriors but I don't dislike them either.
Email to builder:
I keep going over and over various plans. They all have something I love and something I don't. There are a few others that I like but I keep coming back to these. Would like to know your thoughts on some of this. I'm afraid these rooflines might blow things out of the water.
1. Would the kitchen I did in our other plan come close to fitting in this one?
2. Could we use part of the covered porch for a room? Maybe 10' - 12' of it.
3. I don't like the toilet with the shower in masterbath. Maybe move toilet to smaller closet area and use the rest of that closet area plus 1/2 bath for laundry?
4. Use original laundry area for mudroom and 1/2 bath. Take away from dining and/or garage a bit for this?
1. Bathroom is a bit small. Could it extend over the garage a bit to make it longer and separate the sink area?
2. Would love a small closet for laundry but don't see how we could get that in there.
1. The half bath is in the way of basement stair location. Maybe move it to the butler's pantry space?
2. Not sure about this kitchen.
1.Not in love with the shared bath but don't know how else to do it.
1. Move bottom kitchen wall down to make kitchen bigger.
2. Make laundry smaller to allow more room for mudroom space.
1. Don't see the need for 3 full bathrooms. The one at the top of the stairs could be made into a laundry room. Not sure how to make the other 2 accessible from the hall. If we put bedroom in that corner then you can't get a window in.
Or could maybe get laundry or bath space over the foyer.