finding bathroom vanity top

sunshine8560March 5, 2012

Can someone recommend a website that I can order a bathroom vanity top from? I need 37w by 19d in size and would prefer quartz or even granite. I had no idea this was not a standard size anymore. The quotes I rec'd from local stores are crazy over priced. The big box stores carry tops, but nothing in quartz or granite. Any suggestions

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
biochem101

Ask people, co-workers or neighbors, in your area for their granite recommendations. Maybe someone knows a cheaper source.

I had 3 stone yards quote $1000 to $1300 for a 57" vanity top from remnants. Then someone told me about a 4th place to try and amazingly their price was only $600.

It's such a pain driving all over creation, isn't it?

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 7:43PM
dekeoboe

I also suggesting looking for a remnant. We picked out a quartz remnant for a 45" vanity and paid $315 for the remnant, sink cutout and installation.

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 8:17PM
Emily

Go to local granite yards and look for a remnant. I found a marble remnant for my 36w by 21d powder room vanity and paid only $300 for fabrication and installation.

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 9:47PM
buyorsell888

It most certainly does pay to shop around. I've been quoted $930 and $754 for remnants for a 31" x 22" vanity top with undermount sink. Heading today to go see samples that another vendor has quoted $400.

Frustrating when Home Depot and Lowe's sell for less than $200 but none of their granite will work, it is all too busy.

Purchased a St. Paul solid surface vanity top from Home Depot last year and loved how it looked but it chipped when my husband dropped his shaving cream after only being installed a week. We took it back....

Bookmark   March 30, 2012 at 1:16PM
kashmi

Echoing the suggestions to visit granite fabricators to seek out a remnant. We had very good luck doing that and got a 27" x 37" slab + 2" high backsplash for just under $400.

BTW, where we are, one would have better luck talking with granite fabricators rather than granite/stone yards. The yards mostly have large slabs; it's the fabricators who have the remnants. But that practice may vary by location.

Bookmark   April 1, 2012 at 9:59AM
francoise47

Yes, I'll suggest the advice given by others: go to a granite fabricator and look for a marble remnant. We found a pretty piece of marble at our local granite fabricator. If I remember correctly, the cost to have it honed, sink cut out, and installed was about 500 dollars for a 48" by 21" vanity top (price probably reflects expensive NJ pricing.)

Bookmark   April 1, 2012 at 4:02PM
juddgirl2

I agree with the suggestions to shop your local granite yards. I needed a double-sink counter for a 70" x 22" vanity and found a few yards that had very affordable remnants and prefabs. Some also offered fabrication.

In the end, an employee at one of the yards gave me the number for a local fabricator and I chose one of several remnants he had at his shop. It was an 8' beautiful remnant of river white granite and he sold it to me for $670, including fabrication and install. Other quotes were approximately $700 for prefab and $850 for remnants.

Shop around and maybe avoid the larger design showrooms. The quote I received from one of these was over 100% higher than all the others - $1,600 and up depending on the granite. Also, my local Home Depot had a minimum $1500 order for granite, so that wasn't an option.

Bookmark   April 1, 2012 at 6:01PM
More Discussions
Need advice on best mirror/sconce option in small master bath
My husband and I are FINALLY renovating our master...
cbusgirl41
Doable...European sink & US bathroom pop-up drain and faucet?
Originally posted in "Plumbing" I cannot...
rantontoo
Anyone installed a Geberit in wall tank?
DH is getting ready to do the install in a 2 x 4 wall,...
numbersjunkie
TIGHT Space for Mirrors (Between the Light Fixture and Backsplash) :(
We are coming into the home stretch. Although there...
Monrovia Mom
Lighted Tub/Shower Niche
Anyone ever wire a light into your shower niche? I...
monicakm_gw
Sponsored Products
Design Element Tustin 72-inch Double Sink and Mirror Bathroom Vanity Set
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™