100% cotton - tricks to get out of ironing?

caflowerluverJanuary 27, 2012

I made the mistake of buying men's 100% cotton PJ's top and bottom set as a Christmas present. I just washed and dried them and they were an unbelievable wrinkled ball. I had to iron them or he couldn't wear them. He didn't want to wear them till now and it is pass the return date.

Is there a trick, like putting something in the water, to get them so they don't wrinkle as much. I don't think getting them immediately out of the dryer would help as they were probably already wrinkled. And I don't have a line to dry them on.

It also seems like the cotton today is very light weight and flimsy. It has no stiffness like cotton use to have. I should have bought cotton polyester blend.

Thanks.

Clare

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
krissie55

Dry the pajamas to only half dry, take out of dryer, while hot pop good in the air to reduce wrinkles, hang on hanger and let dry. Part time in dryer will reduce stiffness from hang drying.

Bookmark   January 27, 2012 at 3:07PM
caflowerluver

krissie - Thanks for the tip. I will try it next time.
Clare

Bookmark   January 28, 2012 at 12:56AM
jannie

I hate ironing. My Mom used to iron everything, sheets, Dad's underwear, just everything. she taught me how to iron when I was about 8. Started with flat stuff, handkerchiefs,etc, finally learned how to iron blouses and shirts. I was darned good at it, but HATED every minute. Now I look at labels and refuse to buy anything that requires ironing. I do use a clothes pole outdoors to dry most of my items. But I always put jeans and towels in the (gas) dryer because I hate the way they get so hard and scratchy. I will try this tip.

Bookmark   January 29, 2012 at 6:46AM
kay161

I found that washing wrinkly clothes on warm/warm really helps. I wish my washer offered cold/warm. Then remove from the dryer before full dry and hang to finish.

Good luck:-)

Bookmark   February 9, 2012 at 3:24PM
albert_135

My wife just walked by and saw 'tricks to get out of ironing?' I cannot tell you what she said on a forum such as this but some of the language might translate into 'firearms' and 'illegitimate birth'.

Bookmark   February 10, 2012 at 5:39PM
More Discussions
Stained SST Pan
Burned/scorched SST pan. Got 90% clean but has dark...
stoveguyy
Pro Carpet Cleaning: Chemdry vs Steamer vs ??
Looking for a carpet cleaning service that does a good...
jsfox
Cleaning unsealed brick floors
Hi all: I just purchased a new-to-me home with unsealed...
AtomicJay007
Can you steam clean procelain tiles?
I would like to steam clean the procelain tiles in...
momintennies
nylon jacket stains
Hi, I have a cute green nylon jacket that has normal...
mimilm
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™