Reputable ebay seller for microwave drawer?

KAREN WICKHAMMarch 1, 2012

I'm thinking about buying a 30" Sharp microwave drawer. Would anyone know of a trusted ebay seller? Have you bought one from ebay and were you happy? Since they are stainless steel I'm afraid of dings and possibly the unit not even working...

TIA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weissman

reputable ebay seller is an oxymoron :-)

Bookmark   March 1, 2012 at 11:44PM
breezygirl

I bought three appliances for my new kitchen from ebay--KA warming drawer, KA built-in fridge, and Sharp MW drawer.

My WD came from Appliancedirect2you. The item arrived with audible damage in a smashed box. I refused delivery and contacted Appliancedirect. He answered immediately, apologized, and sent a new unit out the next day. I was very impressed.

I can't remember from which seller I bought my fridge. Item came in a timely manner with no damage. This was my highest value purchase so the one that made me the most nervous.

My 24" MW is a refurbished Sharp from AdMark. AdMark has some bad reviews both on eBay and here. If you look closely, none of the complaints are on sales of MW drawers, but it's a risk nonetheless. I think if if I were buying a 30" MW, I'd look at Greystone Appliance.

All in all, I had no problems with my eBay appliance purchases. I easily saved $2K. I'd do it again. I suggest checking out the feedback of sellers you're considering, and run a search on this forum. Check out the warranty offered, if any. Pay by credit card for your protection.

Good luck!

Bookmark   March 2, 2012 at 1:56AM
ak0402

Why are you so set on buying on eBay? For goodness sakes, there are a number of online retailers selling appliances that are reputable and price-competitive. Try Abt appliances, Universal appliances, homeeverything and ajmadison. Call them on the phone because they will often beat the prices their websites are showing online. Can you phone an eBay seller? Um, no.

Bookmark   March 2, 2012 at 8:44AM
KAREN WICKHAM

akchicago, you are right. I have done business with Abt and had no problems. I wasn't aware that they will match prices by calling them. I will give the business' you listed a try. Thanks

Bookmark   March 2, 2012 at 9:58AM
More Discussions
54" Zephyr Monsoon II vs. Best by Broan 54" Potenza - Clear Winner??
GW, Ahhh - my favorite place to be the past 12 months...
Andrew K.
Which would you choose - Liebherr or Bosch?
Hi all: I'm in the market for a counter depth, 24",...
firefangle
Wolf gas/induction modules
We must make a commitment to appliances next week for...
judydenver
Coffee Machines
What is the best built in coffee machine for your buck?...
J Saleh
Hood Decision - Zephyr vs Kobe
I need to make a decision on a hood to put over a 36"...
michfbgal
Sponsored Products
Rossetto | Domino Two-Drawer Nightstand
YLiving.com
Shilo Two-Door Mirrored Console - MIRRORED
$2,059.00 | Horchow
Pine Ridge Panel Bed with Storage Drawers - Honey - WCM678
$616.98 | Hayneedle
Nantucket Distressed Black Finish Kitchen Island with Two Bar Stools
Overstock.com
Calvin Desk with Leather Pad - Left Return
Zuri Furniture