Bluestar Hood news...

jscevaMarch 22, 2012

Haven't seen this posted by anyone, but I just saw that as of last Friday Prizer-Painter (i.e., the company behind Bluestar) officially bought the rights to the designs from the recently defunct Independant rangehoods...they have a website up at Prizerhoods.com, using all the old Independant photos, drawings, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: New Prizerhoods Website

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ak0402

Cool. Love those Independent hoods. It was sad that after Wolf dropped Independent as their ODM for hoods, Independent couldn't make it on their own. I think they relied so much on Wolf, they never built their own brand recognition.

Now if only we knew if Bluestar would continue to make the hoods as good as Independent did. Bluestar has Independent's great designs, but will they be cutting corners on the welding, stainless steel grade, motor parts, etc.?

Bookmark   March 24, 2012 at 10:05AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elyash

I recently visited BS factory and saw the range hoods. I didn't realize it was a new product for them. I just looked at the website. As far as I could tell, the website didn't mention one great fact that I learned - the hoods can be had in any of BS's colors or custom colors.

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 11:08PM
More Discussions
Double Gaggeneau Oven vs. Single with Microwave/Convection
We are in the middle of remodeling our kitchen. I...
C C
Removal of Dishwasher Detergent Build-Up
I have a Miele dishwasher in a rental unit that has...
dimond
Best place to buy appliance parts
I have a GE range (6 yrs of age) for which I need parts....
puzzlefan
Island hood location/height
I've got a cooktop that's 20" X 37" that...
dickross
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™