30'' chimney style hood with capture area?

foodonastumpMarch 27, 2013

I probably just haven't looked hard enough, but I'm having a hard time finding one. Can anyone can recommend a 30" pyramid/chimney style hood that has at least a little bit of capture area?

Other preferences are infinite speed control, 400 CFM minimum, 6" exhaust, not too crazy loud, not too crazy expensive. ($1000 max, but definitely hoping for a bunch lower.)

p.s. I'm buying more for looks than function as this house will be for sale in the next several months, so I don't need to match my preferences 100%. But I'd prefer something effective none-the-less.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
foodonastump

Follow-up question: OR... Do you think I should just slap an OTR mw in there. I would never want this in "my" house but it would solve some space constraints and be a heck of a lot cheaper. Small cape in a middle class neighborhood, Long Island. Think the average home buyer would frown on that? Either way it'll be vented, THAT I cannot bring myself not to do!

Bookmark   March 27, 2013 at 4:45PM
deeageaux

Viking D3 Series RDWHC3042SS UMRP $949

Duct size is 7" but you can probably easily put a transition.

Other than Wolf, Viking has the most recognition to potential buyers and it will look a lot better than OTR MW.

What is the range or rangetop/ cooktop?

Bookmark   March 27, 2013 at 4:56PM
foodonastump

Thanks - That looks like a great choice. This is going over a standard slide-in electric range, not springing for induction given the situation.

I literally started planning this remodel this morning and it needs to be done asap. As in, I'm planning to order cabinets tonight and my contractor will probably be done with 2 baths and ready to start the kitchen before well before my cabinets come in.

Anyway, the one appliance store I went to earlier is trying to talk me into KA CD FD fridge and range for about $1800 each. I'm on AJ Madison wondering if for not a whole lot more (about $400 combined) Electrolux would be more appealing. They don't seem to have a hood I want though, because I don't feel like cleaning glass. But then again, home buyers in my market might like to see a package. (I'm recycling my Miele DW even though it's black and it's old. It works perfectly. I'm willing to accept that someone might frown on that. Worst case I could throw a SS panel on it.)

I've very open to all suggestions - I think I've given an idea of the higher end of what I'd like to spend. Very open between dining room and kitchen, looking head on to the range. Looks count!

Bookmark   March 27, 2013 at 5:23PM
foodonastump

Sorry, I'm googling too fast. The glass one I saw isn't ELux. Now I see they do have one like what I want for around the same as the Viking, requires 8" but like you said I probably could figure out something with transitions.

Bookmark   March 27, 2013 at 5:32PM
More Discussions
Zephyr Hurricane vs Broan QP430SS
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice or stories...
brewcat
Hood & Venting for Bluestar Rangetop...Zephyr or Bluestar?
In deciding between the 36" Bluestar cooktop and...
missmeghan702
Refrigerator - Fisher Paykel, Blomberg, Summit...?
I am looking for a counter-depth refrigerator no more...
virtualanne
54" Zephyr Monsoon II vs. Best by Broan 54" Potenza - Clear Winner??
GW, Ahhh - my favorite place to be the past 12 months...
Andrew K.
BlueStar Refrigerators
Anyone taken a look at the new BS refrigerators? If...
Mistman
Sponsored Products
Wall-mounted 30-inch Range Hood
Overstock.com
Articulate Vinyl Office Chair in Brown
$129.00 | LexMod
Replacement Filter for Casa 2200 Series Stainless Steel Wall-Mount Range Hoods
Signature Hardware
Adagio CSR2004 Cascade Springs - Rajah Natural Slate Wall Fountain
SerenityHealth
Lynx 27-inch Built-in Grill with Brass Burners and Rotisserie
FRONTGATE