Need to finalize cabinets Tommorow- help with Wolf AG 36" range h

JAM_SFMarch 7, 2013

I have read many posts here and gleaned valuable information, but now have to give my FINAL cabinet order by end of day tommorow and need to choose my under cabinet range hood for my new Wolf AG 36" range (6 burner) and need your expert opinions.
I have narrowed it down to the Tempest I (only 22.5 inches deep, but can add a 1100 CFM internal blower), or the Tempest II, also with added dual internal 1100 CFM blower (24 inches deep).
I like the clean lines of the Tempest. I also could get the Wolf, but it's significantly more and has rounded edges.

If you have the Tempest I or II with added 1100 CFM blower, is it powerful enough, and is it noisy? It's rated 3.5 sones at 1st speed (500 cfm), and then 8 sones at full power (1100 cfm). That seems reasonable, and I'd most likely only use it on first or second speed.
I also have an 8 ft ceiling so the Tempest I would fit under a cabinet, if I do the Tempest II I'd have to do it under trim or a panel, not enough room for a cabinet.

I called Wolf and she thought the 22.5 inch would be fine. I'm more concerned about noise at this point.

I like to stir fry and sear meats, so it does produce some grease/smoke.

thanks so much!

More Discussions
NY - Long Island Kitcken Appliance (Berta/Electrolux/etc...)
Hi All... I've been lucking for the past 6 months while...
nyli2014
48 inch Bertazoni Dual Fuel or MIELE Range and Combi Oven Steamer
I am putting my options of getting the range. I have...
hkwan
Please help. Oven is only turning on if I light it manually...
Hello all. I was wondering if anyone can give me an...
stef2222
Parts question: Fridgidaire Gas Stove Igniter
The oven igniter on our gas stove quit working. I went...
Pooh Bear
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™