Ronaka's Kitchenaid

breenthumbMarch 3, 2012

I'm starting a new post so yours stays up top, on the rare chance someone might know how to fix it.

I've been searching the web and I can't believe how common that problem is. Pages and pages of similar posts going back years with no answers. Several mentioned turning off the electric to DW then jabbing around with a screwdriver around the handle.

This seems like it might be a real solution, since I've dealt with DW directions while DH installed and re-installed ours a couple of times. Taken slowly and step by step it's really not bad. Good luck. Sandy

Here is a link that might be useful: Try this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ronaka

Sandy, thanks for doing the checking. I didn't give it a try today, as I did my final shopping and ordered the new Bosch. Won't be here until Tuesday, so I didn't think it was worth getting the wrecking ball out yet. Will shut the power off, and give the screwdriver a try. Not sure if the one I have is similar to the new Kitchenaid's I saw in the store, but if it is, then there is not much holding the door locked. It looks like at least part of it is plastic, so it should break easy. But, then this one is older, so it may be metal.

Bookmark   March 3, 2012 at 7:13PM
More Discussions
Gaggenau or Miele combi steam oven?
We are renovating our kitchen and are planning on a...
Treblemaker
Food Processor - Old Cuisinart, New Cuisinart, Used Robot Coupe?
I am thinking about getting a Cuisinart food processor. I...
johnliu_gw
Lacanche-beautiful but how functional?
I am very tempted to splurge on a Lacanche for our...
mbwestfall
Bertazzoni gas range comprehensive review
So I've seen this question presented a few times, and...
jgopp
36" Blue star range- tight on space and can't decide on one electric o
Doing a kitchen renovation and have space for a 36"...
nismo99
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™