Sap on timber trusses

weaseJanuary 19, 2010

Does anyone have a good way to remove sap droplets from douglas fir timber trusses? I was thinking of freezing them somehow and then knocking them off. If I try to get them off the way it is, they smear sap all over the truss.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

I was given this product by a friend. I have been cleaning out kitchen cupboards all week as it is raining almost nonstop. I have Congoleum linoleum pieces as shelf liner.(It's 40 yrs old but nice except it didn't come clean with Comet cleaner & lot of rubbing with plastic scrubber. So I tried original Krud Kutter. 1 spray & it looked new, I couldn't believe it,(I did it over sink & rinsed & replaced in cupboard.) I have so many useless products for cleaning. I thought it would be hard to find, it's everywhere, Wal Mart, Target, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. And it is safe & good to use & didn't make my hands raw. I see on back of it tree sap is 1 of things it removes. Can use on lots of things including carpet & laundry. It's about $6-10. & comes in gallon if you have a lot to do. Has a little smell but didn't kick up my allergies, is non-toxic,biodegradable,non-flammable, non-abrasive so something I will be trying on lot of things. Don't use on paint or varnish as it removes it!!Wonder what it does on shower door glass- think I will try it this morning.Oh, they have a website www. KRUDKUTTER.COM made in U.S. too. Good Luck!!

Bookmark   January 22, 2010 at 12:26PM
More Discussions
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
Can you steam clean procelain tiles?
I would like to steam clean the procelain tiles in...
bryce5
cleaning a burnt-on material from gas fireplace glass
Help! Something ( material unknown) burnt onto the...
clancyspad
Cuisinart Stainless Steel Coffee Pot. How to clean?
It's thermal. But I can't get the coffee stains out....
Suzi AKA DesertDance
Red wine on wall - help!
Hi. We just finished our major kitchen remodel (thank...
nicole93089
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™