Is Sharp the only maker of a countertop steam/micro combo?

andi_kMarch 19, 2012

I currently have my micro planned for a shelf in the upper cabinets. And, I do prefer that bc we are a family of giants and use the micro a lot. But, I just started considering the idea of a possible micro/steam combo bc I love to steam.

Is Sharp the only one who makes this? Just trying to see if there's anyone that makes one that isn't as deep since it will be on an upper cabinet shelf. I've search tons, and the same Sharp ones keep popping up. Anyone know of others?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plllog

I've never heard of any others. I'd guess that if you find one with another name on it, it's still made by Sharp. There are only a few actual makers of microwaves in the whole world. It's possible that one they made for another brand would have different dimensions, but unlikely, and there has to be room for all the works. Most microwaves won't sit on an upper cabinet shelf. People have deeper shelves built for them.

Bookmark   March 19, 2012 at 4:56PM
andi_k

Thanks plllog! I currently have planned the ge spacemaker that will work fine...but i love that steam function! :)

Bookmark   March 20, 2012 at 10:05AM
vpierce

Andi--we have a three-year-old Sharp steam/microwave combo oven. The microwave part of it is very underpowered (I think it's 600 or 700 watts). Things take noticeably longer to heat up than with our old 1200 w microwave. I don't know if the newer version has more power, but I just wanted to highlight this issue for you to consider when you're making your decision.

Bookmark   March 20, 2012 at 3:39PM
andi_k

Thanks vickimp - that was actually one of my concerns. There are currently 2 versions - 1 has 700W micro, which I am passing on! The other version (ax-1100) has 900w. We currently have 1000w, so I'm hoping this won't be too much of a difference.

Bookmark   March 20, 2012 at 8:34PM
More Discussions
Getting the most out of Miele Masterchef?
Probably a dumb question... There are a lot of different...
schicksal
Does Wolf M-Series Double Oven come with Temperature Probe?
If yes, great. If not, does anyone know how much the...
wcutiew
Any thoughts about Bosch and GE Profile appliances?
I am building a passive house and trying to choose...
di77ce
Liebherr cs2062 door badly scratched
Hi everyone, I am considering the purchase of a "scratch...
Chris Treadwell
New Bluestar RCS model - Any Info? (RCS366BV2)
Most of the 36" RCS models are RCS36IRV1 right...
kwest2
Sponsored Products
Oval 19" Stacked Stone Copper Bathroom
PLFixtures
Greenbrier 36" Single-sink Bathroom Vanity Set
Overstock.com
Virtu USA MS-48-FG-ES 48 Vincente Drawer Single Sink Bathroom Vanity in Es
$899.00 | Blue Bath
Fairmont Cherry Russet Stained Wood Shaker Kitchen Cabinet Sample
CliqStudios Cabinets
Rockford Maple Caramel Stained Wood Shaker Kitchen Cabinet Sample
CliqStudios Cabinets
Kraus C-GV-571-19mm-1005ORB Venus Glass Vessel Sink and Riviera Faucet - Oil Rub
$299.95 | Hayneedle
Handa Vanity Tray
$229.00 | FRONTGATE
Stainless Steel Luxury Vessel Sink By MaestroBath
maestrobath
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™