Any Info on Elmira Stoveworks Appliances?

becohen15March 24, 2012

Hello - I will be renovating my kitchen soon and I really like the look of the appliances from Elmira Stoveworks. (They are new appliances made to look vintage). But, I can't find any information on how they perform or hold up over time. If you have any experience with Elmira Stoveworks or know somebody who does and you can share some feedback, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
live_wire_oak

Astronomically overpriced for what you actually get. And not really that great looking to boot. Sorta like one of those toddler beauty pagents where the 3 year olds are wearing lipstick and rhinestones. It's a wierd bad joke imitation of a media concept of a woman---or in this case, an antique range.

You'd be best served by putting that amount of money into an actual refurbished antique stove if you want a vintage look. Or just get the vintage look from the other components in the design and not the appliances.

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 11:36AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
becohen15

Hahaha That is quite an analogy. Thanks for the response. I will look into refurbished stoves.
Do you have any experience with / knowledge of what other pieces of the kitchen can lend a vintage look? I am just starting my research / planning.
Thanks.

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 11:59PM
More Discussions
Can you cook a good beef filet in a Miele combi steam oven?
I spent some time at an appliance dealer yesterday...
barbja99
Gaggenau or Miele combi steam oven?
We are renovating our kitchen and are planning on a...
Treblemaker
My GC thinks I need 1000 cfm and I think he's crazy
So I actually don't think he's crazy and he's right...
crl_
Anyone with a double oven range wish they had gone with wall ovens?
My DH thought we'd get a double oven range, but I like...
happyallison
Help with induction please
I am planning to buy induction when we reno the kitchen....
sherri1058
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™