Steam Shower - Mr. Steam?

txcarrieMarch 29, 2012

Anyone have experience with the Mr. Steam steam shower system - or any other brand? We are starting a master bathroom remodel and would like to install a custom steam shower - not a pre-fab unit. Thanks for any input!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chibimimi

We have a Steamist system, installed about 5 years ago, which my husband uses regularly. He loves it and has had no problems with it.

Bookmark   March 30, 2012 at 7:17PM
hello8

We are happy with ours. The size of our shower was on the borderline of two models, so we ended up going for the more powerful model. We've had no problems.

Bookmark   March 31, 2012 at 1:40AM
polonyc

WE have Thermasol. Went with them few years back. Easiest system to install and best warranty. Controls look great.

Bookmark   April 2, 2012 at 1:11AM
jsmith123

steam cabins are fantastic my sister has one and i love using it when i visit. There is also a television and music player i love it!

Bookmark   April 2, 2012 at 8:18AM
phiwwy

We have purchased a thermasol - but the remodel is not done yet. i'm told they are the best though.

Bookmark   April 2, 2012 at 8:55AM
3waller

I have a 7yr old 8.5kw Mr. Steam that i got from Allan at www.steamandsauna.com. Allan was very helpful, not pushy, and the price was good. I did not get the autoflush, and I do not flush it as often as I should (ie, open up the tap behind and let the water out so it doesn't calcify). Despite this, the unit has worked flawlessly, and is perfect for my space. I would not hesitate to purchase again.

Bookmark   April 2, 2012 at 9:24PM
Scary_Cary

@phylhl: Congrats on the remodel and on the steam shower. Having a nice steam shower had really made me feel much more relaxed and brighter.

Of the few steam shower companies out there, Thermosol is definitely my favorite. I installed a pro-series on my own two years ago and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 1:57PM
More Discussions
extra tile decisions
It turns out I have more grey crackle tile than I needed...
edwina 1330
? Factory sealed carrera tile- anyone??
I went to the tile store today and was planning on...
amspinn
Lowe's master bath estimate....seems high?
Due to a 3-year old poor tile job in our stand up shower...
A McK
Thinking about the new Bain Geysair Oval Plus. Opinions/Exp?
Hi, I think this really is the time we are actually...
raehelen
Ledges, niches and shelves
In our first remodel, we did niches (don't like them),...
sjhockeyfan325
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™