Best Online Shop for Kitchen Appliances

KBHRMarch 24, 2014

Hello! I live in NY and would like to purchase our kitchen appliances online to help offset the high NY sales tax. Thermador is running a great special and I'm thinking now might be the time to pull the trigger. Does anyone have any experiences to share about buying appliances online? I've look at Mrs. G and Gerhard�. Would love to hear feedback!

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kitchenkat

If your reason for buying appliances out of state is to avoid the taxes that pay for services rendered in your state of residence, I wonder if you have considered that the out of state company you patronize will pay a portion of your dollars toward providing services that will be of no benefit to you, your family or neighbors. The right thing to do is to pay the taxes based on the state in which you live. Supporting local businesses that contribute to the economy of your community is something you should be proud of, as opposed to paying for services in another state that has its own method of assessing taxes to fund its own needs.

Bookmark   March 24, 2014 at 8:27PM
kalapointer

I found that buying at a local independent appliance store and working with a salesman face to face, was the best way to buy my appliances. Not only did he give me better prices then I could find on line, he also helped me deal with a manufacture when I had a problem. He also knows me by name when I need to call him. That's good, right? Help your community and buy local. We don't want to lose the small stores. I will get off my soapbox now.

Bookmark   March 25, 2014 at 10:57AM
saeyedoc

I was looking at some items at a local store the other day. I think I shocked the salesman when I said I look initially online so I can compare different items, but get prices locally when I'm ready to buy.
The local stores prices on outdoor BBQ stuff was way lower than ajmadison for example. The price difference more than made up for what tax would be.

Bookmark   March 25, 2014 at 11:12AM
sjhockeyfan325

I also shopped online but ended up getting a better price overall from Pacific Sales locally. Also, the online dealers that were far away couldn't sell me the Thermador fridge I wanted (and got) - geographical restrictions imposed by the manufacturer.

Bookmark   March 25, 2014 at 11:38AM
More Discussions
Miele Oven Temperatures - Please Check Yours
So I'm back. I'm on my second Masterchef oven, after...
baver
Island hood location/height
I've got a cooktop that's 20" X 37" that...
dickross
Induction + Teppanyaki match?
Hi all, We are beginning our new build. Before we...
twobelles
Bertazzoni 36" Dual Fuel or other range in price point?
There have been a lot of discussion about the Bertazzoni...
Buttons
Bosch Benchmark slide-in induction range
I am pretty committed to going induction with our remodel....
steph2000
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™