does anyone have experience with custommade.com?

jrueterMarch 28, 2014

I will be having a custom vanity made to fit the space in my master. In looking through some local options I came across this site which matches clients with craftsmen (and some craftswomen!) for custom projects.

Does anyone have any experience with using the service? I imagine much will depend on the craftsman you choose, but the website does have ratings available.

Here is a link that might be useful: www.custommade.com

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
OldTimeCarpenter1

Custom Made is just what it says, a site that links customers with craftsmen.

My company is a member, and we do some business through the site. The advantage to the customer is that you can link up with a trade or craft that you might not otherwise know about, and it provides some protection against shoddy or incomplete work. For this it charges a 20% commission, which you, as the customer, pay (although it may be buried in the cost of the item you hare having made).

Buy, don't you have any cabinet makers in your town? Why go to a stranger to have a cabinet built?

Bookmark   March 29, 2014 at 8:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jrueter

OTC - thanks for the input!
I do have custom cabinet makers in town - it was in researching them that I came across this site and some local cabinet makers were listed there. There is one in particular is very close to me and I was really impressed with the quality of work from what I could see of the posted projects. The prices also seemed pretty reasonable.

As I don't personally know any cabinet makers, anyone I go to will be a stranger when I start!

Bookmark   March 30, 2014 at 5:18PM
More Discussions
Does anyone have their light switch NOT by the BR door?
Our new bathroom will be 5' deep by 11' long. There...
southofsa
recommend sink for combo powder/bath
am planning combo laundry/half bath. side by side washer...
elleninmaine
Lighted Tub/Shower Niche
Anyone ever wire a light into your shower niche? I...
monicakm_gw
What do you think about jets and rain shower?
Any body going with or have them already in their shower? DH...
houserookie
Anyone installed a Geberit in wall tank?
DH is getting ready to do the install in a 2 x 4 wall,...
numbersjunkie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™