Made A Couple Santa Ornaments

roanimareNovember 12, 2002

Hi -- I am in a Santa making mode. I posted my two newest Santas in Gallery. The first one is made from a seashell and I came up with the idea after seeing a plastic one. I thought why not use a real seashell. The second Santa is my version of the Lightbulb Santa. --Michele :0)

Here is a link that might be useful: A Couple Santas

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lia_SC

Michele! They're terrific! I had never seen a seashell santa before; the shell is just so perfect for the beard! You do a great job with the clay --his features are wonderful!
You make me want to try making an edible version. Have you ever made cookie dough in different colors and put them together that way? It's been a long time since I did, but they're great fun and turn out too pretty to eat. The little components in your Santa would be so easy to copy. :-)

Oh, I couldn't see your pics, for some reason. I went to the source and copy/pasted the url. Hope you don't mind if I post the links here? They're definitely worth a look!

Bookmark   November 12, 2002 at 8:22PM
Kathy_in_Delaware

They look beautiful! I admire your talent!!! You can be proud of these for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Bookmark   November 13, 2002 at 2:18AM
roanimare

Hi -- Thanks! Glad you enjoyed them. I'm trying to think up another idea - maybe a Santa stuck in a chimney made from a film canister. I'm going to test and see if the canister melts at 275 degrees. I'm so enjoying myself. LOL :0) -- Michele

Bookmark   November 13, 2002 at 12:21PM
ArtsyCraftsy

Michelle, They are so cool! Never saw a seashell santa but it is so clever! Let us know about the canister. I know PVC pipe can get baked with the clay....you could cut some pieces of that for chimneys.

Karen

Bookmark   November 13, 2002 at 12:46PM
roanimare

Hi Karen -- Thanks. I'm trying to think of an idea where I use the canister or pvc pipe as the chimney -- and Santa's legs are sticking out the top like he's stuck -- or maybe his head is sticking out the top. Any ideas?? :0) -- Michele

Bookmark   November 14, 2002 at 1:10PM
minnie_tx

Michele I just saw your Santas. What a great job you did. Show us more!!

Bookmark   December 6, 2002 at 12:09AM
roanimare

Hi Minnie -- Thanks! I just finished a little lamb that turned out so cute. It's amazing how simple these little ornaments are to do. Nice for a change. I'll post it when I get a pic. -- Michele

Bookmark   December 6, 2002 at 10:54AM
rosie_ga

Late but I wanted to add my compliments. These are really nice.

Bookmark   January 8, 2003 at 3:39PM
roanimare

Thanks Rosie!

Bookmark   January 11, 2003 at 3:43PM
More Discussions
Bisque BArrel Firing
Is it possible to bisque fire in a barrel? I tried...
DouglasWaltz
cat plates
Is there a market for these purchased cat plates from...
Love1cat4me
What can I use to paint glazed ceramic?
I want to change the color or a glazed ceramic pot....
Belle724
Received Kilm
I received a Kilm from my Aunt it is a small 110 electric...
jjaazzy
Home made polymer clay
Hi, everyone. I'm new to this forum, I hang out on...
Rusty
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™