Clay/Cane Cutter

rosie_gaOctober 22, 2002

Nessity is the mother of invention.......check this out. Pretty smart lady to have developed it....

http://www.doveceramics.com/Dovecutter.html

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roanimare

Hi Rosie -- Cool idea! The tool looks like a cheese cutter without the wire band. I have a broken one in my kitchen drawer. I think I might take a look at it and see if I can make one of these tools from it. Thanks for sharing the link! -- :0)

Bookmark   October 22, 2002 at 9:39PM
ArtsyCraftsy

See, all I need to do is invent one cool tool like that & I could retire, lol!

Bookmark   October 22, 2002 at 10:02PM
Lia_SC

:-( For me, necessity is just that, necessity. :-( LOL! I tried for so long to think up a home-made version of the JASI slicer...
This is a good idea. I baked clay along the edge of my tissue blade but it came loose. Guess I needed glue, huh? The thing is, I've never ever got cut using the thing, even when I held it upside down! Nor have my kids. I painted the dull edge w/ red nail polish to make it more obvious which way is up. At least this invention would prevent those mixups! I wonder if there is some way to mount the blade so it would stay in a curve?

Bookmark   October 23, 2002 at 12:29PM
roanimare

Hi Lia -- I did the same thing you did with my clay blade - baked clay on each end so I knew which end was up. And I've never cut myself either before the clay additions - blade up or down. LOL isn't that funny? Necessity certainly is the mother of invention!

A friend of mine does quilling and used clay to make a handle for her quilling needle - now no more cramped fingers. :0)

Bookmark   October 23, 2002 at 12:43PM
More Discussions
cat plates
Is there a market for these purchased cat plates from...
Love1cat4me
Bisque-ware and it's studiness.
I have an idea about using some unglazed jugs in my...
biinaboo
What can I use to paint glazed ceramic?
I want to change the color or a glazed ceramic pot....
Belle724
Slip casting smoker/ grill
Hello all Please forgive me I am a metal guy. Also...
Daveweldz
repairing crack in Terra Cotta pot
Hi, We have a large terra cotta pot that we (foolishly)...
shakushinnen
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™