More help on floor plan

MrsBradFebruary 10, 2013

I posted on here not too long ago about the plan we love and received great feedback, so I have a few questions I was hoping I could get some opinions on. We are pretty confident we are going with the Augusta plan from Garrell Associates. We have fine tuned the concerns for the downstairs but I'm just not 100% about the upstars. We are going to put a room above the 2-story family room so that allows some extra space. I would really like bedrooms 2 and 3 to have their own bathrooms. I have thought about using the sitting room in bedroom 2 for a bathroom. The other thing is I would like the Landry room to be a bit bigger. My thoughts were rearranging the master bath a bit to not have so much dead space in the middle and add that to the closet. And then steal some closet space for the laundry room but I'm not quite sure how to arrange it. Any thoughts or opinions are welcomed!

Here is a link that might be useful: Augusta Plan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mydreamhome

Making the sitting room a bathroom for bedroom 2 is a great idea & a very simple solution.

The laundry on the other hand, not so much. Why not use some of that new found space over the family room for a nice big laundry room? The current laundry could be made into a big linen closet or a walk-in closet for bedroom #2.

Hope this helps!

Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 6:24PM
More Discussions
Induction cooktops.... Do you have one?
I am doing research on what is out there as far as...
blandinababes
How to cut back on cost
We have 6 kids, 4 still at home. We want a large house...
mommabearof5
It's March 2015: How is your build progressing?
Zorro-anyone can start one. :) Link to It's February...
autumn.4
Custom floorplan looking for some feedback/suggestions...
Basement: I've been leaning toward making the theater...
goeersn99
Are these doors acceptable to you?
These are walnut interior doors. I understand that...
pumpkinhouse
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™